The "Lamestream" Media?

Old 02-27-2013, 04:15 PM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

Default The "Lamestream" Media?

Could it be that the hard left media is finally coming to it's senses? Or at least one of them anyway. Here's a piece that shows one well known Journalist isn't comfortable with some things going on in this white house!

Journalist Bob Woodward blasts Obama "madness" in handling cuts

By Susan Heavey

WASHINGTON | Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:37pm EST

(Reuters) - Journalist Bob Woodward on Wednesday criticized Barack Obama's handling of the automatic U.S. budget cuts set to take effect this week, calling the president's decision to hold back on military deployments "madness."

His comments continued what has become a running dispute between Woodward, perhaps the country's best-known print journalist, and the Democratic White House over who is responsible for the across-the-board cuts scheduled to begin on Friday.

Last week, Woodward published an opinion piece in the Washington Post - where he is an associate editor - saying the administration was "wrong" to blame the cuts on Republicans.

That drew retorts from White House press secretary Jay Carney, who in posts on Twitter and later in comments to reporters blamed the budget stalemate on Republican opposition to including increased revenues in any deal to replace the cuts.

The $85 billion across-the-board budget cuts were mandated by Congress and the White House as part of the August 2011 deal to avoid a government default. The reductions are split between defense spending and domestic programs.

Woodward, who first gained fame in the 1970s from exposing the Watergate scandal during the administration of President Richard Nixon, wrote a detailed account in his 2012 book, "The Price of Politics," of the August 2011 deal that led to the cuts.

On Wednesday he attacked Obama for drawing national security into the budget debate.

"So we now have the president going out (saying) 'Because of this piece of paper and this agreement, I can't do what I need to do to protect the country.' That's a kind of madness that I haven't seen in a long time," Woodward told MSNBC on Wednesday.

On Tuesday, Obama warned of threats to Navy readiness in a visit to the Newport News Shipbuilding shipyard in Virginia, where maintenance to the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln has been delayed by the budget crisis.

Earlier this month, the Pentagon said it was delaying deployment of another carrier, the USS Harry Truman, to the Middle East because of funding.

Obama's decision to drag the military into the budget fight likely would not have happened in previous administrations, Republican or Democratic, Woodward added on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" program.

(Reporting by Susan Heavey; Editing by Fred Barbash and Eric Beech)
Old 02-27-2013, 04:22 PM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

Then there's this one.

BOB WOODWARD: A 'Very Senior' White House Person Warned Me I'd 'Regret' What I'm Doing

http://www.businessinsider.com/bob-w...olitics-2013-2

Bob Woodward said this evening on CNN that a "very senior person" at the White House warned him in an email that he would "regret doing this," the same day he has continued to slam President Barack Obama over the looming forced cuts known as the sequester.

CNN host Wolf Blitzer said that the network invited a White House official to debate Woodward on-air, but the White House declined.

"I think they're confused," Woodward said of the White House's pushback on his reporting.

Earlier today on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," Woodward ripped into Obama in what has become an ongoing feud between the veteran Washington Post journalist and the White House. Woodward said Obama was showing a "kind of madness I haven't seen in a long time" for a decision not to deploy an aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf because of budget concerns.

The Defense Department said in early February that it would not deploy the U.S.S. Harry Truman to the Persian Gulf, citing budget concerns relating to the looming cuts known as the sequester.

"Can you imagine Ronald Reagan sitting there and saying, 'Oh, by the way, I can't do this because of some budget document?'" Woodward said on MSNBC.

"Or George W. Bush saying, 'You know, I'm not going to invade Iraq because I can't get the aircraft carriers I need?'" Or even Bill Clinton saying, 'You know, I'm not going to attack Saddam Hussein's intelligence headquarters,' ... because of some budget document?"

Woodward began stirring controversy last weekend, when he called out Obama for what he said was "moving the goal posts" on the sequester by requesting that revenue be part of a deal to avert it.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:59 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

I dunno, but I tend to think that Obozo can only screw the public so long before even the liberal left begin to see their own versions of "Liberty" being pushed aside and the constitution being ignored.

The Administration has tried to widen the gap between the Legislature and the Executive Branch by pushing them out of the forest politically and then pissing on all the trees . .

Now they're starting to do that to even the Liberal Media . . By going around them and using the "Entertainment Business" (Talk shows, News Shows, and late night shows) as their Press Relations method . . This skirts any sort of responsible coverage of administration actions and allows for only soft questions and scripted interviews . .

The Republicans, on the other hand aren't smart enough to counter this Bullsh*t by doing the same thing . . And they can't seem to find anyone who will carry the Red banner for them. Nobody's far right enough and people like Chris Christie is being ignored by the rank and file conservatives because? He isn't deemed to be conservative enough!

BUT Christie is the ONLY Republican Governor that can guarantee his re-election next term. Y'kno why? Because He DELIVERS! When Government is needed, he brings it. When it's not needed, he gets it the hell out of the way!

And, the thing that pissed all the right wingers off was his "Kumbya Minute" with Obozo after Hurricane Sandy. Christie learned. Obozo screwed him and New Jersey and New York, because just as soon as the Mocha Messiah was elected he convienently forgot that New Jersey and New York even existed! I'll give Christie one thing if no other, He's the Governor of all the citizens of New Jersey! And he takes that job very seriously!

Sorry, got off track on that rant . . .

It could be, that, Bob Woodward might just be instrumental in bringing another President either down or to his knees . . I certainly hope so . . And if he does, Statues should be built!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:38 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

The 'Chicago' thug on his throne COMPLETELY distances himself from ANYthing that ANYone can point at him for, especially if and when 'it' fails. His 'name' is NOT 'directly' associated with nor connected to bills or actions that can 'sway' his base. Of course now he is publicly urinating on his base along with the rest of U.S.
The reason he studied the U.S. Constitution so thoroughly was so he would know exactly how to use it to destroy it.....Time to hit the DELETE key.....
Old 03-01-2013, 05:46 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheYellaBrick

The reason he studied the U.S. Constitution so thoroughly was so he would know exactly how to use it to destroy it.....Time to hit the DELETE key.....
Y'kno, I don't think this @sshole is that smart. Him and his cohorts are depending totally upon the MSM to keep doubling down on all the lies coming out of this administration, but everytime he (or one of his drones) open their mouths and either lie to the American people or lie to cover their @ss for the last lie they told, SOMEBODY is recording it.

And sooner or later, SOMEBODY'S gonna start replaying all of it!

As for his "Knowledge" of the U.S. Constitution, I'd argue that he doesn't actually "Get It" . . and he wasn't a "Professor" for Constitutional Law, he was an "Instructor" under another Professor. Basically he gave scripted lectures prepared by a real Professor and handed out homework assignments.

There's nobody up on this forum that couldn't do the same with the same efficiency and positive results. And I'm certain none of us could be the arrogant prick that he is when doing it!

And the budget deal(s) that he's avoided, skirted, lied about, blackmailed Congress over is not without it's markers. It's not a total "He said, She said" because there's math involved and it's getting down to the point in this shell game sombody's gonna have to unzip, pull it out and prove who can win the peter contest with real meat, not lies and bullsh*t . .

And when that time comes (and it's a'comin) the country may finally get to successfully impeach a sitting US President!

I just can't picture Biden as a President though, Because he makes Obozo look like Einstien! Frying pan, meet fire . . He would make all the late night comedians rich though . . We could laugh our way into bankruptcy!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

The thought of Biden stepping in as commander is really scarey!! The dude is arrogant, not very smart & extremely emotional. Full of pride.... can't stand him. Its a catch 22 type deal. We have to survive the next 4 years...
Old 03-01-2013, 02:08 PM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Scooterz
The thought of Biden stepping in as commander is really scarey!! The dude is arrogant, not very smart & extremely emotional. Full of pride.... can't stand him. Its a catch 22 type deal. We have to survive the next 4 years...
With all due respect, my friend, it ain't pride, it's arrogance . .
Old 03-01-2013, 06:27 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Biden was picked to make ZER'O' look even smarter than he really is. ZER'O' is just a puppet that someday may be deleted by the very people he 'works' for.....
Old 03-02-2013, 09:24 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheYellaBrick
Biden was picked to make ZER'O' look even smarter than he really is. ZER'O' is just a puppet that someday may be deleted by the very people he 'works' for.....
You're completely right. Obama is owned by the Chicago N------* Real Estate combine which makes up a big part of Chicago Politics. He was the legal mouthpiece for Valerie Jarret and her Arab real estate associates (Slumlords would be a better word for it) and Obozo turned out to be a really good (and dumb) Representative for that district. Especially considering all the rest of the people who have held that seat (before and after) have ended up in jail, including the Righteous Jesse Jackson Jr, and his wife who were just awarded the tickets, but haven't just yet, stepped into the crossbar hotel. A special election was held and a future jailbird was put into the Senate Seat . .

But, getting back to Obozo . . and Biden. Neither of them are gonna be seen at a MENSA Meeting . . EVER! And the fact that a person can go out in front of 300 million people and tell them one thing today and another tomorrow, still not realizing that while memories may lapse, videos don't, tells me that these people are even dumber than the people who continue to believe them . .

Because, sooner or later, even the dumb ones are going to say "Duh, he didn't say that yesterday! He was going to give me more stuff and today he says he's gonna take it away! . . Duh . . )

Then the sh*t will hit the fan . .

*On the N----- word . . Chris Rock claims that there are "Black Folks and N------". Let's not get the two confused.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4

Watch it to the end . . Nuthin Racist about it, because he actually talks about a class of people that know no specific color . . we all know someone(s) that his description fits !