Justice Dept. memo says gun confiscation necessary!

Old 02-18-2013, 11:59 AM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

Default Justice Dept. memo says gun confiscation necessary!

NRA: Obama Justice Dept. memo says registration, gun confiscation necessary

Posted on 18 February, 2013 by Amy

http://gopthedailydose.com/2013/02/1...ion-necessary/

According to a short video produced by the NRA, a Justice Department memo says that an assault weapon ban would not be effective without mandatory gun confiscation and that universal background checks would only work with federal gun registration, Jim Hoft reported at the Gateway Pundit on Monday, citing a blog post at Guns Saves Lives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jHmxY7zE5uc

“Make no mistake,” the blog post said, “an assault weapons ban of any kind, even with a grandfathering clause is a step towards gun confiscation.”

Ask Obama’s experts.

The post also says that universal background checks are “just the first step” in implementing federal gun registration, which will ultimately lead to confiscation.

Democrats in at least two states — Missouri and Minnesota — have already proposed legislation that if passed into law, would require law-abiding gun owners to surrender rifles, shotguns and pistols deemed to be “assault weapons.” A proposal being considered in Washington State would require local sheriffs to inspect the homes of those with “assault weapons” to ensure they are secure.

Advocates of gun control say they do not want to take guns away from hunters and sport shooters, but another post at Guns Save Lives provides quotes from prominent Democrats advocating confiscation of guns from law-abiding citizens.

“Confiscation could be an option…mandatory sale to the state could be an option,” said New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

“If I could have banned them all – ‘Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns’ – I would have,” Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Ca) said in 1995.

A post at the Geeky Liberal cites, among others, a post at the liberal Daily Kos calling for all guns to be taken from the civilian population.

“The only way we can truly be safe and prevent further gun violence is to ban civilian ownership of all guns. That means everything. No pistols, no revolvers, no semiautomatic or automatic rifles. No bolt action. No breaking actions or falling blocks. Nothing. This is the only thing that we can possibly do to keep our children safe from both mass murder and common street violence,” the Daily Kos said in a post outlining a step-by-step process for stripping Americans of their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

A Jan. 4 document by Greg Ridgeway, Ph.D., Deputy Director of the National Institute of Justice, admitted that “gun buybacks are ineffective as generally implemented,” unless they are “massive and coupled with a ban.”

According to Dr. Ridgeway, these buybacks are ineffective because replacements can be easily procured, the buybacks are too small in scope and many of the weapons being turned in would probably never be used in a crime.

“Unless these three points are overcome,” he wrote, “a gun buyback cannot be effective.”
Old 02-25-2013, 12:00 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

well when they come for mine i will give them a peice at a time. bullets first....
Old 02-25-2013, 07:59 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

I will tell you guys one thing is there will be a cold day in hell if they think i'm giving up my guns. I just bought another rifle but cant seem to find ammo. I do have some for it but not what i would like to have for it as for my assault rifles come and get'em, better have some good armour. I dont stand alone and with some of the friends i have and beleive me its going to take well say no more bring it!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:11 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.fiscalconservatives.com/v...NTt3U.html?A=1
Old 02-27-2013, 08:23 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Probably right on Judge Jeanine's interview . .

On the Ammo thing . . go to a local gun show, talk to several of the "Reloaders" there. Don't buy anything at the show but get names and phone numbers. Deal with those guys because there's no paper trail on the ammunition you buy, thus no indication that you might own one kind of a gun or another . .

There's plenty Ammo out there unless you're shooting one of those "Hybrid" calibers or a "Wildcat" that has to have special dies, resizing and case annealing equipment . .

And if you're feeding an AR style semi auto, make sure the reloader resizes the cartridges. If he doesn't you'll be beating hell out of the bolt to chamber the rounds, or hanging them, especially if you're shooting hot load .223s . . Mini 14's and other Garand style actions not so much . .

I've always said that if you have 2 or 3-20 round clips, if the shooting starts, after you've used up that 40-60 rounds, you'll either have all the ammunition you need or you won't need any more, ever . . .
Old 02-27-2013, 12:02 PM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

RE: Wildcat loads, I own two of those but they are single shot deals and NOT what I would choose for either self protection or any type of armed conflict. They are fun and good for hunting and stuff like that but not practical for anything else.

RE: Reloads for semi-autos or pump action rifles, that's what's known as a "full length resizing". With bolt action rifles you only have to resize the neck where the bullet is pressed in. On the semi-autos though the brass has to slightly undersized to basically be able to fall into the chamber.

Actions on both the AR and the AK are sloppy as hell, ie, the bolt carrier and other moving parts fit REALLY LOOSE and the AK is the worst of the two. But they work though and that's all that matters. :wink:
Old 02-27-2013, 12:22 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

In the mud and blood of Vietnam, the gooks would have very few if any jams cuz the AK is so loose. You could pull 'em right outa the mud and fire full auto( a VERY slight exaggeration there..), M-16's not so much. Plus THEY could use OUR ammo, but we could not use theirs....
Old 02-28-2013, 05:55 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Heh, heh, one of the "tests" that is applied to any weapon being considered for military use by US Troops is the "Mud Test" . .

They completely wallow the test weapon in a tub of medium to fine mud at a viscosity of about 90 weight, clear the action with an index finger, insert clip, clear again, close bolt or reciever and shoot (or try to). After the M-14 and the M-1911 I have no idea how anything the military bought and issued ever passed such a test. But that will explain why most military actions rattle when you shake them . . And it explains why an AK will work after being dipped in 4" slump concrete!

And you're right about the "Full Length Resize", especially in the higher dollar AR style rifles and carbines. The early cheapies and the second gen issue M-16s all had such loose chambers that anything close to 40k of pressure would tend to split cases at either the shoulder or the cartridge base, but today's rifles all need a pretty straight cartridge because the clearances are so much closer, both from manufacturing abilities and the need for accuracy.

Way back when I was a Range NCO at Camp Roberts, CA, we were host to the Sixth Army Rifle Team and their "match grade M-1 Garands" . . There wasn't a rifle among them that would have worked if it was even dirty from repeated firing, let alone mud and dust, but they were pretty pieces . . and they worked very well at what they were used for . . . Most of the shooting they did down there was 1000 yards with iron sights . . !
Old 02-28-2013, 10:26 AM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

What kind of reloaders do you guys use? I just got a Hornady progresser (from 1995 still had the tag on it) it had never been used or set up got it from a friend of my dads. I have what I need to start out loading but Iam having trouble getting the primers seated correcly. sounds like some of you have experence any advice? I have the manual and have done all adjustments for the primer seat just dose not seat far enough into the primer pocket.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

The reloader is a progressive the model is a projector I typed that wrong before

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -