Remembering, I lived it

Old 02-14-2013, 08:42 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Remembering, I lived it

IT SURE BEATS THEM CRAPIS THIN CANS OF TODAY!!...YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR SMART PHONES...PEOPLE WERE PEOPLE THEN---THEY SAW YOU AND SAID HI ----NOW THEY DON'T EVEN SEE YOU--THEY GOT THEIR NOSE SO DEEP IN THEIR I PADS..
YEP TAKE ME BACK TO THE REAL LIFE!..IT REALLY SUCKS NOW..YOU CAN HAVE THAT ME ME GENERATION!!

TO THE ONE WHO CARES AND MATTERS--ENJOY FOLKS!!

Subject: What we drove 50's-60's

This is great. sit back and enjoy ..you're gonna love it!!!!

Just put this on and it will start the show itself turn up your speakers

Someone did an awesome job putting this together and with sound to boot. At the very end of the video you'll hear the song 'Thunder Road' sung by the star of the movie for which it was the theme! Not uncommon except this is the one and only song ever recorded, for publication, sung by Robert Mitchum! Cars we drove in the 50's and 60's

click on line below

http://cruzintheavenue.com/CarsWeDrove.htm
Old 02-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Very cool Zip. I was born in the wrong generation. You did lived it; it will never be that way again. I wish I could have been there.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:18 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

That is sweet Zip!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 02-14-2013, 12:17 PM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

That was when you could tell make and model, by the way it looked, hell now they all look the same, or pretty damn close.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:12 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

That was before my time but that was cool Zip 8)
Old 02-14-2013, 07:05 PM
csx8506
SENIOR BUILDER

That was great! Brings back the good ole days!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:49 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

well i wasnt born until 55, but i did fall in with a group og guys that stayed true to the days of old. i quess thats why im having a real problem living in todays world. it wasnt meant for me to be in this time. i just dont fit in .
Old 02-25-2013, 06:27 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by outlaw256
well i wasnt born until 55, but i did fall in with a group og guys that stayed true to the days of old. i quess thats why im having a real problem living in todays world. it wasnt meant for me to be in this time. i just dont fit in .
Yes you do some people just dont fit in your world, I feel the same way at times.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:33 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Ya know sumthin', guys ? We younger old timers are 'living history'. We are also living in historic times. Some of us are getting tired and slowin' down somewhat, now relating to the elders of OUR youth. One thing WE can take with us, is that WE LIVED, and did things many men just dream about or see in the movies.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Spot on DD... spot on.

Ken- don't let those demons have one word. Sumbitches circle you when you are alone & not feeling well. They wait for an opening & pounce. Addicts die all the time because of this. They always tell you that you are "different"... that you cannot be understood. Cast them back to hell where they came from. Stick around; stay with us & keep moving. You have a purpose- or you would have OD'd or be dead from something else. Pray pray pray....

Its not over. So we don't run from the cops anymore.... we don't pack or noses with powder, drink like fish, & chase women while trying to hold down some CRAP job... racing from stop lights. You could not pay me to do it over... the grace of God kept us all here. Now there are I phones & "smart cars".... be glad we know better. "Cruise Night" is the closest overrated example of what it was like.

They make movies about people like us now.... dudes like Zip & others were there. We all caught a glimpse of it as it totally left in the 80's.... but we are still here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -