This One Should Scare The Crap Out Of You!!!!

Old 02-04-2013, 09:03 AM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

Default This One Should Scare The Crap Out Of You!!!!

I think this one "may" have been mentioned before, but it's worth a second look!

Why is our government stockpiling guns, ammo?

And more specifically, why are they stockpiling HOLLOW POINT PISTOL ROUNDS BY THE BILLIONS??? According to the Geneva Convention, hollow point ammo CANNOT be used in war!!?? So what or who are they planning to use them on??

Interesting read here:

http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/why-is-go...ing-guns-ammo/

And here's one from a few weeks back dealing with this same issue:

More federal agencies buy multithousands of rounds of ammo

http://www.examiner.com/article/more...rounds-of-ammo

I recently sent all 3 of my US Congress members Emails asking them why this is being done but haven't gotten an answer yet. I'll give'em another week and if I haven't gotten a reply then I'll send those messages again!

Don't know about you guys, but this scares the crap out of me! Can you spell "Marshall Law" boys and girls? THAT is when they confiscate guns just like they did after Katrina!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:41 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

'MARTIAL' law......There's a whole lotta questionable actions been taking place for years. I'm not a drop of the hat conspiracy theorist, but there's just waaaay too many questions not being answered, ESPECIALLY from the ZER'O' gang.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:00 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Easy answer to this one . .

They bought Ammo when it was cheap . . Christ, if they bought it now it'd be twice as expensive!

(Lotta tongue in cheek in this one)
Old 02-07-2013, 09:20 AM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

DHS Purchases 21.6 Million More Rounds of Ammunition

Federal agency has now acquired enough bullets to wage 30 year war

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
February 7, 2013

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-purchase...of-ammunition/

The Department of Homeland Security is set to purchase a further 21.6 million rounds of ammunition to add to the 1.6 billion bullets it has already obtained over the course of the last 10 months alone, figures which have stoked concerns that the federal agency is preparing for civil unrest.

A solicitation posted yesterday on the Fed Bid website details how the bullets are required for the DHS Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia, New Mexico.

The solicitation asks for 10 million pistol cartridge .40 caliber 165 Grain, jacketed Hollow point bullets (100 quantities of 100,000 rounds) and 10 million 9mm 115 grain jacketed hollow point bullets (100 quantities of 100,000 rounds).

The document also lists a requirement for 1.6 million pistol cartridge 9mm ball bullets (40 quantities of 40,000 rounds).

An approximation of how many rounds of ammunition the DHS has now secured over the last 10 months stands at around 1.625 billion. In March 2012, ATK announced that they had agreed to provide the DHS with a maximum of 450 million bullets over four years, a story that prompted questions about why the feds were buying ammunition in such large quantities. In September last year, the federal agency purchased a further 200 million bullets.

To put that in perspective, during the height of active battle operations in Iraq, US soldiers used 5.5 million rounds of ammunition a month. Extrapolating the figures, the DHS has purchased enough bullets over the last 10 months to wage a full scale war for almost 30 years.

Such massive quantities of ammo purchases have stoked fears that the agency is preparing for some kind of domestic unrest. In 2011, Department of Homeland Security chief Janet Napolitano directed Immigration and Customs Enforcement to prepare for a mass influx of immigrants into the United States, calling for the plan to deal with the “shelter” and “processing” of large numbers of people.

The federal agency’s primary concern is now centered around thwarting “homegrown terrorism,” but information produced and used by the DHS to train its personnel routinely equates conservative political ideology with domestic extremism.

A study funded by the Department of Homeland Security that was leaked last year characterizes Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority,” and “reverent of individual liberty” as “extreme right-wing” terrorists.

In August 2012, the DHS censored information relating to the amount of bullets purchased by the federal agency on behalf of Immigration & Customs Enforcement, citing an “unusual and compelling urgency” to acquire the bullets, noting that there is a shortage of bullets which is threatening a situation that could cause “substantial safety issues for the government” should law enforcement officials not be adequately armed.

As we highlighted last month, the DHS’ previous ammunition solicitation was awarded to Evian Group, an organization that was formed just five days before the announcement of the solicitation and appeared to be little more than a front organization since it didn’t have a genuine physical address, a website, or even a phone number.

While Americans are being browbeaten with rhetoric about the necessity to give up semi-automatic firearms in the name of preventing school shootings, the federal government is arming itself to the teeth with both ammunition and guns. Last September, the DHS purchased no less than 7,000 fully automatic assault rifles, labeling them “Personal Defense Weapons.”

Paul Joseph Watson is the editor and writer for Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com. He is the author of Order Out Of Chaos. Watson is also a host for Infowars Nightly News.
Please note that the webpage has numerous links that lead to other info on this so you might want to go there and read those too.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by roadkill2
Easy answer to this one . .

They bought Ammo when it was cheap . . Christ, if they bought it now it'd be twice as expensive!

(Lotta tongue in cheek in this one)
Right on, buy low sell high! really high in this case! :lol:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 02-13-2013, 06:16 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Lemme add to Ken's post with another tidbit from IBD today:

Gun Control: Our future president in 2008 called for "a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded" as the military. Should the "bitter-clingers" be worried?

As Andrew Malcolm has noted on these pages, the Department of Homeland Security has been buying lots of ammo, enough by one calculation to fight the equivalent of a 24-year Iraqi War. Some have speculated about a link between the stockpiling between candidate Obama's off-prompter campaign remarks about a national security force and the stockpiling by DHS of more than 1.6 billion (with a 'b') bullets.

DHS has been buying more than bullets. As we noted in a recent editorial, DHS is seeking to acquire 7,000 5.56x45mm NATO "personal defense weapons" (PDW) — also known as "assault weapons" when owned by civilians. The request, issued on June 7, 2012, calls these AR-15 variants "select-fire" weapons, meaning they can be both semi-automatic and automatic.

Additionally, DHS is asking for 30 round magazines that "have a capacity to hold thirty (30) 5.56x45mm NATO rounds."

To what purpose is a civilian agency arming itself to the teeth at the same time the administration has been making war on the Second Amendment and pushing for stricter gun control measures such as universal background checks, while others, such as New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, hint at outright confiscation?

We are reminded of a report released in April 2009 by Janet Napolitano's Department of Homeland Security, "Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment," saying conservatives and the unemployed represent a clear and present danger. "The economic downturn and the election of the first African American president present unique drivers for right-wing radicalization and recruitment," it warned.

On Page 2 it ominously warns of "rightwing extremism," which may include "groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration."

So if you are pro-life, support secure borders and tough immigration laws, and believe the 10th amendment to the Constitution is being shredded, you are a threat, and will be lumped in with the genuine crazies. You are among the "bitter-clingers."

Meeting privately with donors in San Francisco on April 6, 2008, candidate Obama famously spoke of "small towns in Pennsylvania" and the Midwest beset by job losses in a changing economy. He told of how "they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment." Are these who DHS is arming against?

"The historical reality of the Second Amendment's protection of the right to keep and bear arms is not that it protects the right to shoot deer," wrote Judge Andrew Napolitano recently in the Washington Times. "It protects the right to shoot tyrants, and it protects the right to shoot at them effectively, with the same instruments they would use upon us. If the Jews in the Warsaw ghetto had had the firepower and ammunition that the Nazis had, some of Poland might have stayed free and more persons would have survived the Holocaust."

Just a conspiracy theory? Our government wouldn't take up arms against its own people, would it? Can you remember Waco, Texas?
I'm guessing that this could be called "The Handwriting on the Wall" . .
Old 02-13-2013, 04:21 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

All these government purchases mean ammo and arms NOT available to the AMERICAN PUBLIC..Ammo/arms manufacturers are way backed up, how many of them are filling the DHS orders FIRST before restocking gun store shelves..could be viewed as a delaying tactic to be able to pass those new laws and keeping even MORE Americans from arming themselves against a tyrannical government before those laws become legit..
Old 02-15-2013, 06:15 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Dunno. I did some math on a couple of the departments who have ordered Ammo in the last year, most of which was brought to our attention in this forum . .

On the average, it works out to about 700 rounds per person (who carries) in those departments. Honestly, I don't think you can teach a person to shoot a handgun accurately and be entirely proficient with 700 rounds a year . . Hell, back when I was shooting Combat pistol competitively, we all (the team) shot about 600-800 rounds a week (each) and then another 300 rounds when competing. Add that up and one shooter will burn up over 40,000 rounds a year if he shot every week, take that times ten and you have a truckload of empty brass . .

And, Yes, the city I live in was paying for all that Ammo. But I literally wore out a couple of Pistols in that time.

Notably, if you have several semi-automatic pistols of the same caliber, and a semi-auto rifle of any caliber, you would normally buy your ammo for them in lots of 500 at the minimum and I usually buy all my pistol ammo by the thousand. It's cheaper by a bunch . . So, if you're much of a shooter, normally you'll have 500-1500 rounds on hand for each gun, which, upon discovery by the liberals, would make you (or me) an "Extremist" . . .

And regarding the 7000 assault rifles that were ostensibly purchased. Law Enforcement decided after the shootout with two bank robbers in LA about ten-twelve years ago, where the robbers had full body armor and apparently a jillion rounds to feed their AK-47s and the cops were "outgunned", that they too, should all have access to high powered rifles.

So, as budgets allow, the PD's across the country are arming themselves with AR-15s, some with selective fire (SWAT Teams) and I noticed, in the news videos of the Dorner deal in LA, most of the cops there had Ruger SS Mini 14s w/ 20 round clips . . The main problem with all this, is, The .223 cartridge. It's a handy caliber to "spray" with, or to shoot coyotes with, but if I'm gonna lay my @ss on the line, I'd want something that shoots a .308 (7.62 NATO) in at least a clip fed Semi-Auto. Hit the target once and forget about it.

And there's nothing neater than the Old M-60 . . If you ever shot one, you can say you shot a true anti-personnel weapon . . It's just waaayyyy too expensive to feed!

But that's just me . .