FUEL LINE SIZE

Old 02-02-2013, 06:17 AM
BIGBLOCKCHEV
SHOW GUEST

Default FUEL LINE SIZE

HOW DO YOU DETERMINE WHAT SIZE FUEL LINE TO RUN.I HAVE A BIG BLOCK CHEV WITH A F1R PROCHARGER AND FAST FUEL INJECTION THAT WILL MAKE BETWEEN 1000 TO 1200 HP. I WILL BE USING HARD LINE . ALSO WHAT KIND OF LINE SHOULD I USE, STEEL, STAINLESS OR ALUMINUM.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:42 AM
coloradoracerguy
SENIOR BUILDER

I'd use teflon braided hose for your stuff, -12 to the pump, -10 from the pump to rails/regulator, -10 return. I'd stay away from hard line, just to prevent metal fatigue and cracking. Also, the biggest I've seen is aluminum 1/2" line.......
Old 02-03-2013, 10:40 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

It's also gonna depend on the distance you're pushing the fuel. I agree on the type/size flex hose. Anything but teflon lined will and can develop unseen and almost undetectable cracks and fractures with today's fuels. I'm changing everything of mine to it. LAST thing I want is a preventable fuel leak/fire...
Old 02-03-2013, 11:06 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: FUEL LINE SIZE

Originally Posted by BIGBLOCKCHEV
HOW DO YOU DETERMINE WHAT SIZE FUEL LINE TO RUN.I HAVE A BIG BLOCK CHEV WITH A F1R PROCHARGER AND FAST FUEL INJECTION THAT WILL MAKE BETWEEN 1000 TO 1200 HP. I WILL BE USING HARD LINE . ALSO WHAT KIND OF LINE SHOULD I USE, STEEL, STAINLESS OR ALUMINUM.
On the procharger stuff I do -12 to the pump no matter what, -8 up to the fuel log. This is on upto 1900hp procharger stuff. I also would use braided line.