CAN YOU BELIEVE IT ????? I DO BELIEVE !!

Old 01-15-2013, 10:07 PM
eddie1963
SENIOR BUILDER

Default CAN YOU BELIEVE IT ????? I DO BELIEVE !!

corvette engine with 3/4 cam 8) [ missing the other 1/4 cam :wink: ] , pulls the wheels over coke bottles, runs 10.50"s on street tires, 8) carries 5 kids and my wife, [ even if she has her over size tweetie bird shirt on it dont matter] i get 22 MPG. i was tossed out of the track , my car was too fast and unfair to the other racers! burns the tires a whole city block! this is a few just off the cuff please send more, we need the humor :lol: ! SERIOUS NOTE> pray for those in need and our troops it helps!! see ya at the races
Old 01-16-2013, 06:37 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

they really did measure cams as a 3/4 cam.back in the flathead days. i also remember seeing a add for a 3/4 cam from a manufacturer many yrs ago for a sbc.so you can put that one away.but the others i still hear. and smile at....
Old 01-16-2013, 08:36 AM
eddie1963
SENIOR BUILDER

Default getting educated is fun

getting educated is fun! :shock: i dont mind it, hey atleast i know now / wonder how many say they have a 3/4 cam and dont know what it actually means? :?: i never knew i am 50 years old
Old 01-16-2013, 09:45 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

A lot of people don't know that Chet Hubbard was the first ever to make/build/sell a Roller cam, i was running an Isky .500 Flat tappet in my blown car in the mid sixies and in 1968 i tried the Hubbard roller cam, the car picked up 4 MPH, but the stupidest thing was the way he kept the lifers straight, you had to put a 1/4" sq rod thru the oil gallies and put pipe cleaners in the pushrods to keep the valve covers from filling up with oil, all in the day of old times. The car did run 148 MPH in the 60's

Zip.

O'h Isky was second to make roller cams.