The famous $100 bill trick.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:09 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default The famous $100 bill trick.

Yesterday I was at a plant that I do a lot of business at and 1 of the guys got to my truck to take me to an area to show me a job to size a crane for.
When he gets in my truck he says all you guys have Duramax's. Of course he was talking about me and my bosses truck. He said I have what you need for this truck. It was a programmer that he did not need anymore. Then he goes on to tell me about how bad his 2006 Duramax is. With the new programmer he could tape 100 dollar bill on his dash and set the programmer on 5 and no way could I grab that 100 dollar bill until he let off the gas. I wanted to laugh so bad thinking about a guy with a 8000lb 4 wheel drive truck and thinks he has something fast. Of course I just laughed inside as I said that would be really cool, but I was thinking I would love to sit his butt in the Rabbit and take him for a real ride going almost 100 miles an hour in 200', in the dirt, still riding on the wheelie bar.
The whole time he is telling me this he is showing me pictures of his truck and it pulling his big camper.
I honestly think people believe that crap when they say it about a $100 bill on the dash when they are telling you about it.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

should have called him out on it, would have been an easy $100!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 01-15-2013, 06:08 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Harbone
should have called him out on it, would have been an easy $100!
Kinda hard when that plant spends almost 2 million a year with us.
My boss may get be a wee bit mad if the guy caused us to loose some business, BUT I SURE WANTED TOO SO BAD.

Nobody heard our conversation, because we were in my truck, but as I was leaving his office I overheard one of the guys that knows me and my truck telling him about it. He may have figured it out on his own, but I doubt it by the way he was describing it to me.

You should have seen how serious he was and actually acting like he was taping a bill to my dash. LOL It really was funny!

BTW years ago I did this with a $20 in my jeep with the windshield down. However, as soon as I nailed it I SLAMMED on brakes. Buddy of mine hit the dash so HARD he almost went over IT then I floored it again. :lol:

He finally got the $20, BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!! LOL
Old 01-15-2013, 09:56 PM
eddie1963
SENIOR BUILDER

Default i have something new

i have a corvette engine with a 3/4 cam . runs 10.50's on street tires pump gas. drive it to work everyday hauling my 5 kids and my wife. pulls the wheels over coke bottles [ the rear wheels jump over the bottles too because its that fast. thats why my rear tires dont break or tip the bottles over].out ran 3 police officers the other night. its so fast i was tossed out of the track because of no roll cage . i won several nights before they tossed me out.my fast engine is at home just got it back from the machine shop. i have more in my car than my house :lol: **** just to name a few i have heard in the past? maybe i will start a new topic for fun???? ill repost this as new topic too !! see ya at the races!!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:47 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: i have something new

Originally Posted by edsrod
i have a corvette engine with a 3/4 cam . runs 10.50's on street tires pump gas. drive it to work everyday hauling my 5 kids and my wife. pulls the wheels over coke bottles [ the rear wheels jump over the bottles too because its that fast. thats why my rear tires dont break or tip the bottles over].out ran 3 police officers the other night. its so fast i was tossed out of the track because of no roll cage . i won several nights before they tossed me out.my fast engine is at home just got it back from the machine shop. i have more in my car than my house :lol: **** just to name a few i have heard in the past? maybe i will start a new topic for fun???? ill repost this as new topic too !! see ya at the races!!
I have worked with a few like that. 10 second street car, SBC, street tires, factory heads,hydraulic cam and of course a four speed. They always win a bundle at the track too... :roll:
Old 01-17-2013, 04:13 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

I run into people like that all the time when they find out that I have a drag car. I used to want to call them out when they would start to tell me how fast their car is. I had to temper myself with the fact that it is just them being proud of their car or truck and they don't really have any way to quantify what it feels like to them, so I just listen like Rabbit did and it makes their day. It's just a few minutes to give to someone that allows them feel good.

My Roadster runs 9.80s at 130+ in the heat. Had a guy working at Arby's see it and start telling me about his Miata that had increased compression, a cold air kit and better exhaust. Said he would bring it to the track and we could race someday because they ran about the same times. I just said it sounded like fun and left it at that. Now he can tell all his buddies that I want to race his car and it doesn't affect me in the least. Sometimes I enjoy remembering these conversations myself and having something to recount when we are bench racing.

Curtis
Old 01-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

LOL!!!!

That will never change.... I hate that "100.00" bill story... heard it a MILLION times from BLO-HARDs all over the place. NOT ONE has ever been capable of actually putting a 100.00/bill on the dash to prove it... cause I will take that sumbitch... I don't care how fast the car is. LOL!!!!!

I guess "fast" is mans perspective. Man I thought my first Chevelle was fast at 15+ second 1/4!!! LOL!! Had a open wheel 3:08 rear too... she was a slug. But I was 16 & I had a fast car... lol.