Results 1 to 1 of 1

Thread: Benghazi Penalties Are Bogus!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Concord, Va
    Posts
    191

    Benghazi Penalties Are Bogus!!!

    Benghazi penalties are bogus says an article published in the usually liberal leaning New York Post newspaper! Seems these people that were suppose to have either resigned or have been fired actually never were at all?? Which "seems" to indicate that there's more to this Benghazi mess at the top of Government as was suspected to begin with, ie, wink wink, nod nod, we'll say it was your fault to cover our asses but nothing will happen to you in the end as we'll give you your jobs back once this all blows over and is lost in other news of the day.

    Meanwhile, 4 Americans are still dead because of someone's incompetence in upper levels of government that has yet to be exposed!

    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/interna...=International

    The four officials supposedly out of jobs because of their blunders in the run-up to the deadly Benghazi terror attack remain on the State Department payroll — and will all be back to work soon, The Post has learned.

    The highest-ranking official caught up in the scandal, Assistant Secretary of State Eric Boswell, has not “resigned” from government service, as officials said last week. He is just switching desks. And the other three are simply on administrative leave and are expected back.

    The four were made out to be sacrificial lambs in the wake of a scathing report issued last week that found that the US compound in Benghazi, Libya, was left vulnerable to attack because of “grossly inadequate” security.

    State Department leaders “didn’t come clean about Benghazi and now they’re not coming clean about these staff changes,” a source close to the situation told The Post., adding, the “public would be outraged over this.”

    US Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans were killed in the Sept. 11 attack, originally blamed on a spontaneous demonstration against a US-made anti-Islam video that got out of hand.

    That version was dismissed by an Accountability Review Board headed by retired Ambassador Thomas Pickering.

    In response to questions from The Post, the State Department would only reissue the carefully crafted statement put out last week.

    Spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said that Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton “has accepted Eric Boswell’s decision to resign as assistant secretary for diplomatic security, effective immediately.” What Nuland omitted was that Boswell gave up only the presidential appointment as assistant secretary, not his other portfolios.

    The other officials — Deputy Assistant Secretaries Charlene Lamb and Raymond Maxwell, and a third who has not been identified — were found to have shown “performance inadequacies” but not “willful misconduct,” Pickering said, so they would not face discipline.

    House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairwoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.) told The Post this is “yet another ruse about the tragedy of Benghazi.”

    “State Department officials proclaimed . . . that heads would roll . . . Now we see that the discipline is a lie and all that has happened is the shuffling of the deck chairs.”

  2. Racing Junk


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright © 2005-2016 RacingJunk.com All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the RacingJunk.com
Terms of Use, Classifieds Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy