TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default Combat,..NOT like in the movies kids;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE_vv...s_digest-vrecs
Old 11-19-2012, 08:07 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Yeah been watchin leak clips like this for a while..NOT Hollywood for sure Brick. I have never been in a long battle like this with the weapons involved but I have been in a 18 hour stand off to where over 20 rounds were fired at us between shotgun and 38 caliber. I shared the pic and news article with Beast his wife and rabbit a few weeks ago.Although it was nothing like the vid you posted it did manage to give me the Hair standing on back of the neck cold chills something about standing behind a tree the diameter of a telephone pole taking fire and you know the intent is to kill you..gives you a certain Erie feeling that can't be explained unless you go thru it. The more of these leak vids I watch the more alarming it becomes..notice how non-chalant the soldiers are acting under fire !
!! It's a tale tell sign how long our guys have been exposed to war...it's becoming all to familier... Not good ...

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-19-2012, 08:58 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Actually the 'non nonchalance' is a 2 edged sword. In combat, panic is your worst enemy, cool as ice permits split second thinking and action. You MUST keep moving, cuz the bad guys sure are.
Back home in the 'World', when the adrenaline of combat is no longer part of the air you breathe, you can go crazy and it comes out in ways that are not a part of the real 'you'....I spent 5-6 years fighting my way into and out of bars, after 'Nam. Seeking that combat adrenaline. Now I race....
Our guys and gals are stretched waaaay too thin, and now the 'O' wants to cut military spending......add to their multiple tours less monies for actual operations, equipment, training and the bills at home do not stop.....
We ( our government) treat our troops like pure schitt and I DESPISE the 'O' for that very reason. RANT-RANT-RANT
Old 11-19-2012, 02:01 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Point on. War is a drug. Being para-Military with urban combat under my belt I have a dose of this myself. Never have fully adjusted back to civilian work/life as it was before. Still will not sit in a restaurant with my back to the door etc. Check out the movie "HURT LOCKER" great movie as far as backing up war is addiction.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-29-2012, 05:10 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

boys ive never been in a combat situation with the backin of the government but i will say ive been in a battle or 2 back in myday. i fired many rounds from a block building.it was to survive a attack on our club house.ill not say more. but i do know that i was so pumped up and almost got a high that ive never been able to get again. and i tried.with drugs with fast cars anything that could or would get my blood boilin like that again and nothing worked.i really loved it. i never felt so alive and i was just trying to stay that way. god what a rush.i dont think i have ever been able to think as fast or as clear as i did during those minutes..
Old 12-08-2012, 10:37 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SNe-...s_digest-vrecs
Old 12-09-2012, 04:58 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i knew a young guy who went over there when this stuff first started. he brought back all kinds of goodies. including a vid of them gutting a afgan.finally talked him into destroying that damn thing.but i really wish i could go back in time,id love to make up for not going to viet nam.i would join and do my share.and i dont care if i had to get a hair cut! lol
Old 12-09-2012, 11:20 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Outlaw, I guarantee, you are 'doing your share' by just the fact you tell 'em Thank You to their faces when ya see 'em. Believe me, THAT means a TON to any of our uniformed troops.
All of these combat vids I'm posting are meant to show the public exactly what our soldiers are going through EVERY DAY of their tours, most often multiple. It's so we can truly get a tiny glimpse into why they are 'that way' when they return to 'the World'. And why so darn many of them need help in any number of ways.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:14 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

my mom told me about how my dad was just a nice country boy when they got married. he left for korea not long after. he came back mean and ready to kill. and drank heavy. he had never drank before.he was a great dad. fair man.but if you mad him mad he was uncontrlable. i know that part for a fact! lol but if he lost control someone was going to die. took him yrs to break that type of thinkin.all because of the way he lived oand what he had seen over there.. i have a heartfelt love and admiration for those men!!.but i still cant after aLL THESE YRS SHAKE THAT BAD FEELIN ABOUT NOT GOING TO VIETNAM.....it wasnt the killing or gettin killed that i didnt want , i had a bad bad problem with autority back then and i hated hated and hated some more the idea of haircuts...lol still do!!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:36 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=w846UcmIo5o