Hey Scooter...

Old 11-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Default Hey Scooter...

Let Riley know his 34 Ford is proudly sitting on top of the TV in my garage...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 11-16-2012, 09:50 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I remember it well... he put a few hard miles on that one... that car is no trailer queen ya know. Riley is glad that you have her; she was getting tired of endless jumps off the kitchen table (we had to bend the axles some when we shipped her to ya).

I love the shrine of gearheadedness in the garage! I see there is no discrimination including the Pontiac, Chevy, & various Mopar paraphernalia shown in that area. Dig the 67/68 Camaro (love Green) & the T/A with your faithful wife standing by on a nice day... I assume that is your wife right? I better be....

Now the dart container (Tiki-Dude) probably has some kind of story... perhaps you made it in art class in high school? Or- its mystical powers have followed you since finding an ancient hidden cave in Hawaii? I suspect it has a story to be worthy of such valuable real estate in a mostly hot rod shrine.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:11 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Good eye Sir! The Tiki does have a story, a good friend passed away years ago at the young age of 33 of cancer. He didnt want a visitation, he wanted a Celebration of Life party at our favorite bar. Since he was a Parrot Head (Jimmy Buffet fan) we decided to have a tropical themed party. It was a blast and on the way out my slightly drunk wife (and yes that's her in the pic with the T/A) decided to stick the Tiki candle and darts in her purse just to always have a reminder of the fantastic time that we not only had at the Celebration but of the times we had with him. That candle and darts has been a part of my shrine of gearheadness for more than 10 years. There is no discrimination in my garage, if you could see a little farther to the left it covers all makes. All those emblems and trinkets have come off cars we have owned over the years, usually replaced during a restore or refresh but I never throw any of it away. The wife can stand out there and tell you exactly what car they came off of and what year(s) we owned it!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 11-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Great story!!! Love it. I too am a bit of a parrot head.... Jimmy Buffet has always been in my past drunkenness & in current sobriety. Your friend sounds like a good man... too bad he could only be here for a short time.

One of my fav's you had for hot rods was that bright Red pro-street 68 Camaro w/ the RS lights... a few years back. I think you got rid of it right before I got rid of my 69.

Anyways, we will work on another care package for Bone fam. I think I will send you a pic of Riley in his boxing stuff in the ring sparring too... it is cool to see a little dude boxing at his age. He has a 5th grade report he is writing about cars & his long distance friend who sends him awesome cars in the mail; I will send you a copy when he is done.