When was the last time YOU did something like this ?......

Old 10-17-2012, 07:34 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default When was the last time YOU did something like this ?......

http://www.video.theblaze.com/media/...y_25395109&v=3
Old 10-18-2012, 03:30 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

been awile but i did do a few things in my own way. once i picked up a dirty longhair bearded guy.that was on a off ramp with a sign that said would work for food.he told me he had been out of the army for about 6 yrs and he was having a real hard time adjustin g to normal life. i dont even know why he told me that he just kinda spit it out.i let him talk for awhile then i decided he was really trying to find his place but it wasnt where he was lookin. so i took him to a wendys.bought him a big bag of food.and we sat in the parkin lot while he ate. when he was done he said he would do what ever job i had for him.i didnt have anything for him but i asked him if he wanted to clean up some. hell yeah!! so i got him a room for a nite,told him id pick him up in the morning and get him farther from town as the law would pick him up and hed be in jail for awhile if they caught him with no home and no money. ive seen them do it here.anyway the next morning about 10.00 i pulled in there to get him and he was cuttin the grass.at first i though he was just doing it to get some more to eat. but when i got out of my car he run up to me and hugged me. scared the shit out of me. he said he got to talkin to the nite manager and they needed someone to work maintance and he took the job right then and there. they gave him a room and a few bucks a week.that was about 10 yrs ago. the last i heard of him he was the nite manager!ive never told anyone about this until just now. i dont know why i just always thought that was between me and him and god.i never even told my wife and i tell her everything!i quess im telling this now because people need to now that that one act of kindness can go far.real far.and we need it now more than ever.but i wouldnt advise anyone to pick up someone. i carry a gun within reach at all times so i wasnt to worried. but in this day and time you do have to be evven more careful.but not cold hearted.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:16 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

You are a good man Ken!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 10-18-2012, 06:25 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Ken, With that heartfelt concern for a fellow human, you changed the lives of many more than the two immediately involved. It spreads like ripples on a pond. It is unfortunate that even when OUR hearts are in the right place, others' may not be, and we must remain aware the the negative possibilities......thanks for sharing with us your act of kindness......got choked up reading your story.....

---------------------------------------
Old 10-18-2012, 06:40 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Ken, not many stories ever turn out that good. You were in the right place at the right time to help this guy. Also need to add he was one of a few that just needed a little help and he took it from there.
Great story!

I was picking up a convertor and Alan Pope's shop one friday and his wife sent a guy to a small local resturant and told him to get a meal there and she would pay for it. She told me she does this quit often and they just put the meal on a ticket and she pays it when she goes in.

To often we hear all the bad stuff that happens every day so it's good to see good hearted people help others THAT APPRECIATE the help.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Great thread. Love that video too. "Feed my sheep"... not a suggestion but an action. I wish they all ended up the same as Kens story too. I can't get this one below out of my head-

3 years ago I helped an elderly German lady named Sonja Gunder. She escaped from Berlin when she was young & moved here during the war. She t-boned into my Tahoe by accident while I was going 40MPH.... spun me around pretty good. I knew she was very special, but I didn't know why. She was so calm & wise about things. She had no family... lived alone. I took her to dinner that night & made friends with her after picking all the pieces of molding all over the road from the wreck. She spoke about angels & how they appear at certain times & places... we talked for hours that night. I made sure she got home okay that night driving her damaged Camry. I left her place feeling like I had a Grandma again & a new wiser perspective about a lot of things she told me about life. I was going to take care of her some, mow her lawn, etc... check up on her... my new friend. After calling her several times over the next few days, a neighbor finally picked up the phone & told me Sonja died in her sleep that night after I followed her home. I got to thinking about all the things she said in the last hours of her life... how profound she was... at 81 years old. How I got to be her last friend she spoke to, what an honor it was... funny how God works sometimes... I felt cheated & honored at the same time. She told me that God puts angels with people at certain times... for very specific reasons... she gave me examples of her angels. She was mine that night.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:39 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

wow................

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 10-19-2012, 04:30 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

did ya ever think that maybe you were her angel.i do know for a fact that god sent me a email lol well not a eamail but a pm. from a man that i never met. that man gave me his home # and told me to call him if i need someone to talk to. this man said he would pray for me and he was reaching out to me without me asking for anything. but it came at a time when i was considering putting a end to all this pain. man saved my life that day. doesnt even know it. does he scooterz? so yeah i think im starting to believe in angels. maybe not the bible kinda angels. but someone who shows up at just the right time to help .ive said way to much already. this kinda stuff will ruin my rep. cant have that!lol
Old 10-19-2012, 09:49 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
did ya ever think that maybe you were her angel.i do know for a fact that god sent me a email lol well not a eamail but a pm. from a man that i never met. that man gave me his home # and told me to call him if i need someone to talk to. this man said he would pray for me and he was reaching out to me without me asking for anything. but it came at a time when i was considering putting a end to all this pain. man saved my life that day. doesnt even know it. does he scooterz? so yeah i think im starting to believe in angels. maybe not the bible kinda angels. but someone who shows up at just the right time to help .ive said way to much already. this kinda stuff will ruin my rep. cant have that!lol

You are right "angel256" does not fit...

Another great story Scoot, nothing like trying not to look like you have tears in your eyes when I was sitting at my desk reading the story. :cry:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...