Old 10-10-2012, 05:14 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default RIP Lenny Woods......

http://jalopnik.com/5646242/former-d...car-dealership
Old 10-11-2012, 02:15 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

thats a hell of a way for a legend to have to go. i can understand why he did it but i hate it.black or white that was a hell of a team. they are the ones who got me into willys.ah hell they are the ones who got me into hotrods altogether.swc !!
Old 10-11-2012, 05:15 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Direct quote from the article. "When the U.S. economy slumped over the last couple of years, Woods's dealership struggled. He sought a loan from the city and other support to stay open, but had to close in April"

Who should we blame this on? Oh, never mind - you know. The man who hates small businessmen.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:39 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

His business was his LIFE.....Zero has a lot of American blood on his hands...indirectly of course.....
Old 10-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

damn... :cry:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 10-11-2012, 07:40 PM
csx8506
SENIOR BUILDER

Default RIP Lenny Woods

The SWC gasser was a favorite of mine back in the 60's, although I never got to see them in person. Those gasser wars were something then, nothing like them now.
Praying that Lenny is suffering no more where he is now, and that his family's faith will get them through the trying times ahead.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

That is depressing. Poor guy. He put all his faith in a buisness & died for it... sad. How many times someone just needed one solid friend to help in those final moments... before pulling the trigger... to try to help them have a little faith in God... to realize a new season in life or a closed door could make the Golden years of their life better, a new adventure, a chance for God to make the enemy their foot-stool. It kills me... they don't have to pull the trigger... they don't have to face so much alone... he does not get to have a come-back story now... no last fight... no "part 2". I hate seeing legends go down this way... he deserved better.