Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: spam bombs

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER

spam bombs

Looks like spam bombs have been going off last couple days!
    Do they really think a site called racing junk is going to get a lot of bites using ugg boots and louie v hand bags! As bait.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheRabbit's Avatar
    I don't know, but they have ruined the entire forum.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabbit
    I don't know, but they have ruined the entire forum.
    yep.... the powers that be need to fix the issue quick.... im about to log out and check back in a few days to see if they got it fixed... cant even enjoy the site anymore..... :x
    GOOD PARTS AREN'T CHEAP AND CHEAP PARTS ARE NEVER GOOD.........
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...lastscan-3.jpg

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    enough is enough.....there was about 6 more that just posted... im out of here for now... i'll check back in a few days :?
    GOOD PARTS AREN'T CHEAP AND CHEAP PARTS ARE NEVER GOOD.........
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...lastscan-3.jpg

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Hang in there vega, Bjuice looks like hes got his hands full with all of it. I was so pissed off too about it the other day.

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wazup
    Hang in there vega, Bjuice looks like hes got his hands full with all of it. I was so pissed off too about it the other day.
    Got that Right Wazup..thanks for the support...sort of chaps my a$$ a little when I am working like a mule and read on a post what I just read.....just saying !

I been keeping everyone informed ( see thread below) as to what I am doing..sorry of its not good enough for some but its the best I got.....Forum clean as of 8:07 pm

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtopic.php?t=18956
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Moderator RACING JUNKIE Harbone's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Brian keep doing what you are doing! Hopefully the powers that be can tell you what has changed to let all the crap flow in like it has all week.

Chris

As close to "Normal" as I can get...

The little box you had to check before a post is gone. Could that have kept the spam bots out before?

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabbit
    The little box you had to check before a post is gone. Could that have kept the spam bots out before?
    I dunno Rabbit...I don't think so...that box was to accept Liability in order to make a post. Like I said in my other thread the forum configuration is still set up that anyone who registers has to type that Crazy Code ( Pattern) so its telling me a person is signing on ( best guess) not automation computer......so that being the case they could still check the box and make the post if the check box was still active ( again best guess)...all they are doing is copying and pasting their post to different threads..again another sign its a person cause you have to manually go from one section to another. ( common forum navigation to us all that have been here for any length of time)
    It will be handled one way or another....I know of 50-60 spammer IP addresses that can No longer access the site..maybe they will get another computer or go somewhere else to post but they ain't coming back the way they came the 1st time...
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

I have no idea why an idiot would waste their time doing stuff like that. There has to be a reason they do it.

Anyway THANKS BJ.

Harbone shot the spammer not the poor dog. He probably doesn't like them either!