Help with Holley Base gasket choice

Old 09-24-2012, 10:32 AM
watertreater
SHOW GUEST

Default Help with Holley Base gasket choice

I have a Holley 950cfm,4150 carb with a Dominator base on it with 1 5/8 inch throttle bores,the carb is 7 years old and I cannot match a base gasket to this carb,They don,t make it anymore,I can modify a square bore gasket.My question is can I use a thin open gasket between the carb and a 4 hole spacer ?
Old 10-01-2012, 05:19 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

Got a picture of it? 950 with 1 5/8 throttle bores and a Dominator base?
Old 10-02-2012, 02:18 PM
watertreater
SHOW GUEST

Sorry I don,t have any Pics of the Carb,I was as baffled as you.I pulled it off a year ago and had it rebuilt,A Holley 4150 complete rebuild kit was used and worked fine.I went to install it with a square bore base gasket the bolt pattern did,nt match up.I determined it was a Dominator bolt pattern,I called the company that built the carb 7 years ago.Bigs Performance Products.Bigs told me the the base was a Dominator base and the gasket was no longer availible. the only thing I can do is match a Square Bore Gasket and modify the bolt holes.My question was will a thin open gasket work with a 4 hole spacer?
Old 10-02-2012, 08:38 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

Just get a 4 hole gasket and slot the holes. You could also replace the baseplate, BLP has baseplates with a dual pattern 4150/4500 or a straight 4150.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:15 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

jmark, is right on this. or you can do what we have done on alot of oddball carbs. we make our own. and it always works out just fine.