Thread: Blown Head gasket 302 with a 671

Blown Head gasket 302 with a 671

I have a blown head gasket on 1976 sbf 302 with a 671. The block bored 30 over. What size head gasket do I need and what is the best? Copper? I am running the boost 6-8 psi it's 18% under driven. I need a model #.

Junior Member JOURNEYMAN
    stick with a felpro series head gaskets esp. the black type gaskets / what is your compression numbers at also what is your fuel system like just make sure you didn't run lean and blow the gasket that way as well good luck joe g 8)

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Depending on what thickness you want...You can go with a cometic C5511-xxx gasket and be good to go.

TS1955

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    Blown head gasket on 1976 SBF 302 Australia

Head gasket leak test then maybe need
    Replacement

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    Quote Originally Posted by joe2412
    stick with a felpro series head gaskets esp. the black type gaskets / what is your compression numbers at also what is your fuel system like just make sure you didn't run lean and blow the gasket that way as well good luck joe g 8)
    X2 good advice! i like the felpro 1003 gasket for SBC, use something similar if you can...and make sure your fuel and fuel system are up to the task