Thread: bbc rotating assembly

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER

bbc rotating assembly

was going to up the hp in my bbc 460 what do you guys recomend as a rotating assembly looking to be in a street stock pulling truck but wanting to turn around 7000-7200 does a guy have to put forged in or can i go with cast name brand parts???????
    if something goes wrong there is always the cooler!!!

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    I bought one from Shafiroff a few years ago for a 511 bbc. Was pretty good stuff and good price with the up-grades. JMO

TS1955

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    forged would make you sleep better.back in the 80s i put a sbc together that would see close to 10,000 a couple of times. all by accident believe me!but i used cast parts and that damn thing hung together.i would shift it a 7000 and i just waited fior the day it would explode. it never did. it earned a name on the strret and i sold it for twice what i had in it.but then i ran a parts store so that was a big help lol

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Re: bbc rotating assembly

Quote Originally Posted by ejm
    was going to up the hp in my bbc 460 what do you guys recomend as a rotating assembly looking to be in a street stock pulling truck but wanting to turn around 7000-7200 does a guy have to put forged in or can i go with cast name brand parts???????
    You want all forged. There is a lot of strain on these engines especially when your upping the horsepower. We offer a wide variety of kits or can custom build one to meet your price range.
    Competition Engines & Hardcore Engine Parts
    www.cnc-motorsports.com
    [email protected]

5. Racing Junk