How's racing season going for ya'all ?

Old 07-31-2012, 07:42 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default How's racing season going for ya'all ?

Ran one hill climb so far.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:20 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

I sat out this year and even sold my motor. I miss it. Dearly :cry: But! I do have time to log serious miles on the bike now! Actually, an air shifter is in the works for the bike now...I'm hooked on dragging.There is no cure! :twisted:
Old 08-03-2012, 03:22 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry for the book.

Getting my new motor in was so bad it was funny. Never had time to dyno it. Some nitrous lines leaked, I broke some fittings trying to tighten them up, some fuel lines leaked. Carb needle stuck and filled motor full of gas. At 1 am I went to a friends shop and borrowed his carb. for parts. (Brand new oil had never been run full of gas and had to change.) All this the night before a race. Finally got it all finished. Started it up for the first time, water pump motor died. Had a friend bring it to the track and put it on while I was in the drivers meeting. Started it up set timing and down the track she went. Crab was way lean so fixed that. Made another motor pass and all good.
One stage of nitrous on and made a good pass. Now were ready for 2 stages. No idea why, but 1 stage never came on and the 2nd stage came on for about 1-2 seconds and cut off. That was it for me. Not gonna take any chances at the track.

I took all the little timers and relays out and bought a nice 3 stage controller to solve any problems I could ever have. LOL
New controller has a master on / off switch AND an ARM (wot) switch. For some reason sometimes I can not remember to turn on the arm switch.

In a really good race last weekend in Florida I blistered the guy off the tree only to get passed because I forgot to turn the dang switch on AGAIN!

Let's just say I've got to get use to all the nitrous stuff in a hurry.
It seams easy, but trust me it's not as easy to do as you think when you have so much stuff to do for every pass.

Have had a lot of fun though.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:26 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

...and not a lot of time to even THINK about WHAT ya need to do !
So long as the fun factor stays high !
Old 08-04-2012, 02:56 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

No it isn't DD. In the next few months I'm putting a data logger and a MSD Power Grid in it. No more guessing what happened.
I'm planning to eventually monitor voltage, all motor and nitrous info, shocks, wheelie bar pressure and driver stupidity. I hope those little sd cards have a lot of memory for the driver stupidity part. lol.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:50 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Shoot, Rab,...with all that electronic stuff, where do YOU come in ?! :shock:
Old 08-05-2012, 08:17 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

DD now the drivers part is to make sure all that crap is programmed right and turned on. That's the hard part now. I think I'm gonna need a command center like John Force has before it's over.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:32 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

All that electronic stuff takes the real fun out of it .........