The Gift That Will Keep On Giving!!!!

Old 06-29-2012, 05:32 AM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

Default The Gift That Will Keep On Giving!!!!

This is so funny as Liberals think they won on the Oblamocare ruling yesterday, but did they? Think about it. The one thing that most politicians DON'T like is being associated with any kind of tax increase. This is the main reason that Oblamo has been pushing so hard to get the Republicrat controlled House to pass a tax increase, ie, let the Bush tax cuts expire.

So what did Justice Roberts actually do yesterday? He ruled that the mandate was actually a TAX! WOW, is that guy smart or what! He has just given the Republicrats a gift that even money couldn't have bought them as now EVERY Democrat that voted FOR Oblamocare will be saddled with having voted FOR the LARGEST EVER TAX INCREASE IN THE HISTORY OF THIS COUNTRY! And not only that, but it will hit EVERY demographic as well, ie, rich, middle class and the POOR alike!

Gotta love it! Be careful what you wish for, hey!

Old 06-29-2012, 05:40 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I'm thinking so....Everyone is shouting TRAITOR to Roberts, but on the other hand, he may be the slyest one there.
Mitt got 3.5 MILLION in online donations yesterday in a 24 hour period.
Zero really IS bringing U.S. together !

Correction, 4.2 Million.......
Old 06-29-2012, 05:55 AM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

Some very important questions were answered yesterday especially the one about the "Commerce Clause" being able to be used to mandate that we purchase something. THAT was struck down by the 4 Conservatives on the SCOTUS. So that means that Oblamo and company can't use that tactic again, which is really good IMHO.

But here's a link to a really good article published in the LIBERAL Washington Post on this decision and an explanation as to what really went down.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-john-roberts/
Old 06-29-2012, 10:53 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

VERY good article,...some interesting views in the comments.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:54 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Bobby J says, " WE WILL NOT COMPLY" That is my battle cry as well......
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/l...152429092.html
Old 06-30-2012, 04:58 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

im still not sure where this is going to go,but if it sticks im going to go to jail because i now will refuse to pay any more taxes period.of course ill have to diviorse my wife and put everything in her name but i promise it will happen.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:38 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Overwhelm the system with PEACEFUL noncompliance;

http://www.cafepress.com/t61rc.664059671
Old 07-03-2012, 08:29 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Back to the discussion at hand . . The Liberals are kind of standing, Jack-Jawed, and wondering "Wotthehellhappened?" . . And most of them are thinking that a "conservative" judge just gave them an election day present. On the other side, the conservatives are all ready to lynch Chief Justice Roberts because he became a "Flip-Flopper" and ruled against the conservative argument, that the "mandate" was unconstitutional.

What everyone seems to miss is the subtle gift of choice given back to both the States and their individual voters (Re:Ken) . . Congress is the body with the legislative ability to levy taxes. The President can only ask them to. On the other hand, if a President and Congress elect to tax their constituents, the Constituents (Voters) can vote them out and elect new representatives to the legislature . . Which is what Roberts said at the end of his decision. Basically, he told the Republicans (and the independents) that if they don't like the "punative Tax" it's up to them to remove those who put it in place and change or eliminate the law by legislation. Roberts declined to "Legislate from the Bench" and returned the choices to the Congress and the voters. (I'm being redundant here, but so are most of the Politicians on both sides of the aisle, because none of their arguments or statements bear any of this out).

Last weekend's political News Programs shed little light on the decision. Jack Lew, Obama's "Axelrod replacement" did double time, trying to tell every questioner that the "Mandate" is not a "TAX" as the court said it was (and as Obama's Lawyer argued in front of the court) but a legal punative fine if you didn't do as Father Government declared. On the other hand, both Mitch McConnel (Senate Minority Leader) and Mitt Romney were literally tongue tied because Romney's "RomneyCare" in Massachusets WAS a tax and in McConnel's case, he didn't know what to say or do about the turn of events. Personally, I think McConnel os dumber than dirt and needs to be thrown out unceremoniously . . But that's just me . .

Roberts also took much of Congress' power of use of the Commerce Clause as a "Catch All" means to override the states rights on anything the congress deemed to be "Their Turf" or . . decided to claim it as such, stretching the reach of Congress beyond that of the original intent by the Framers . .

All in all, It was a good day (and decision) for the states and the voters . . It's up to them to decide whether they want the Government intruding upon them and their private lives, making choices so they won't have to do it themselves, or deciding that they can do without the government writing checks it can't cash . . As Franklin said; " . . We have given you a Republic, let's see if you can keep it" . . Roberts, in a round about way, said pretty much the same thing . . .
Old 07-03-2012, 08:50 AM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Amen to that. Vote......
Old 07-03-2012, 04:52 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

The more I look at it the more I KNOW that Roberts 'gave' U.S. a direction and INCENTIVE to do exactly what the Constitution enables U.S. to do. VOTE WHO we want in charge into OUR government. You hit it right square on the head RK........

MAKE SURE you are REGISTERED to vote. FACT; If you only THINK you are registered you probably are not. FACT; If a person IS registered, there is a 30% higher probability that that person WILL vote. Make sure your family, friends, and enemies are REGISTERED !

We need a super LARGE majority VICTORY to overwhelm any and all attempts by the other side to fraudulently win. There has to be NO DOUBT about who won this election. DO NOT take a win for granted, we have to EARN IT BIGTIME.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -