need help setting up my ladder bars

Old 06-25-2012, 06:33 PM
strrew
SHOW GUEST

Default need help setting up my ladder bars

car is a 69 camaro ladder bar with coil overs. 32x14.5 slick. im trying to bracket race. Had it out first time last weekend and the car isnt very consistent. car was slower in the morning and got faster as the track heated up later in the day. So I've got traction problems. the car feels like it leaves hard tho. at 9am the car ran a 10.60 and at 2pm it went 10.42. 1.60 60 foot at 133mph. i was running 8.5 psi in the rear. i was leaving on the trans brake at 5000rpm. i need some help guys! how do i get those 60 foots down into the 1.4s? i have a video of the race just not sure how to upload it.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:14 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

is it spinning? if you raise your bars... it will hit the tire harder! i was running 1.57 60 footers and brought my bars up and it dropped to 1.51's.... i know it should be even lower and everyone was telling me my car was under jetted... so we will see this weekend :wink:
Old 09-16-2012, 04:58 PM
joe2412
JOURNEYMAN

by moveing the bar up you are legthing your lift point and by lowering the bars your shorting the lift point have you scaled your car or even checked you instant center i would base line the car then make adjustments you also could be needing a shock adjustment as well remember drag racing is a bumper to bumper sport good luck joe g 8)
Old 09-16-2012, 05:37 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

X2 on setting a baseline. Spend a couple of hours measuring and recording in a log, all that info. Make ONE adjustment at a time, record in your log the change and car response to that change. Attention to details will separate you from the guys you beat ! Good luck and have FUN !