radial tires vs bias ply on my trailer

Old 05-23-2012, 07:30 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default radial tires vs bias ply on my trailer

Hey guys , what do you think ?
Is it better to buy radial trailer tires or bias ply. I have a 26 ft enclosed 5200 lb axles, the current tires are cracked on the sidewall. I am looking at a site tire-easy.com. They have value bias ply tires 71 plus shipping, value radials tires 82 plus shipping. All other "specs" the same. what have your experiences been with this situation.Let me know
Thanks Jeff
Old 05-23-2012, 07:53 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I run radials on my trailer :!: :!:

Mark
Old 05-24-2012, 03:42 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i run what ever holds air and dont leak.hell its a trailer.i aint ridin in or on it.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:51 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Just bought a new trailer last week...its a PJ trailer and came with load range E truck tires on it....radials.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:11 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
Just bought a new trailer last week...its a PJ trailer and came with load range E truck tires on it....radials.

X 10,000 on the E rated tires. They cost more, but want have near the problems as the cheaper tires and with the extra air pressure you don't have as much trailer sway.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:46 AM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default appreciate it

thanks, I have the load D, I thought about the Load E might go that way (radials)
Old 05-24-2012, 06:40 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I EXCLUSIVELY use ONLY dedicated trailer tires built for that application.
Passenger/light truck tires are not built for the extreme use and sidewall pressures that trailers put tires through. The side walls are thicker and the overall tire is NOT built for 'ride' as is mtr vehicle tires are, but for weight(We ALWAYS overload our trailers, guys). "Buy 'em once and forget about 'em'. I used to use whatever would fit but after years of blowouts, close calls, and expense, I got wise.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:09 AM
besttrailers
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
I EXCLUSIVELY use ONLY dedicated trailer tires built for that application.
Passenger/light truck tires are not built for the extreme use and sidewall pressures that trailers put tires through. The side walls are thicker and the overall tire is NOT built for 'ride' as is mtr vehicle tires are, but for weight(We ALWAYS overload our trailers, guys). "Buy 'em once and forget about 'em'. I used to use whatever would fit but after years of blowouts, close calls, and expense, I got wise.
i sell trailers i agree with the above make sure they are trailer specific tires. and the radials last you better then biased tires will. everyone i have switched over to radial that pull their trailers every day say they last much better.

check your local trailer dealer alot of times you can buy tire and wheel combos cheaper then buying just tires
Old 05-24-2012, 08:21 AM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default thanks again

Thanks guys, I did buy 225/75/r15 load e (radials), my rims are good.Maybe next year I will upgrade to alum.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:47 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i know your right DD, but im just a cheap bastard.but when you think about it it really does cost more to run a cheap tire. because im gettin to where im buying them on a regulare bases. lol so i quess i loose again lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -