starting point for air bleeds and jets on a 950hp alky carb?

Old 05-20-2012, 07:59 PM
fastdually
SHOW GUEST

Default starting point for air bleeds and jets on a 950hp alky carb?

I got a 436 small block chevy. 235cc pro top line heads ,14.5 compression,667 roller cam 4,7 swap,hv 1000 intake. I am looking for a good starting point for the carb air bleeds and jets to start with. its a holley 4150 950hp carb "alky" thank you for your help .
Old 06-02-2012, 07:20 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

jay, i think you need to try another carb... to see what it does first
Old 06-03-2012, 06:07 AM
coloradoracerguy
SENIOR BUILDER

Not sure why he'd need another carb?? Check Holley's website and make sure it's in original configuration. It's always best to start from there if it's been on another motor since calibrations can be substantially different from one engine to the next. If it's new, run it and see what happens. Learn to read your plugs if you don't know how and a wideband O2 kit for methanol is always a good purchase...
Old 06-03-2012, 08:34 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by coloradoracerguy
Not sure why he'd need another carb?? Check Holley's website and make sure it's in original configuration. It's always best to start from there if it's been on another motor since calibrations can be substantially different from one engine to the next. If it's new, run it and see what happens. Learn to read your plugs if you don't know how and a wideband O2 kit for methanol is always a good purchase...
cause this carb has been on a few motors over the years. we were looking at other peoples similar setups and this carb is way different between jetting and air bleeds.