Thread: 496 stroker

Junior Member APPRENTICE

496 stroker

I am pretty new to big block chevy's, "always ran small blocks". So here it is. I am having a 427 tall deck/truck block 10.2'' built into a 496 stroker. I have an Eagle rotating assembly, ballanced and all forged with 17cc. pistons, forged. My application is 4x4 offroad use in a chevy truck with 40'' tires, Im looking for big H/P within 2000-5000 RPM. My question is with heads, and what brand. 118cc. chambers give me 10.1 compresion and 124 chambers will be 9.4. I want a gut shot between the two and want aluminum. however the intake runner size has me confused I'm thinking 300-325? With a dual plane intake?

Any thoughts?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: 496 stroker

Quote Originally Posted by sethz79
    I am pretty new to big block chevy's, "always ran small blocks". So here it is. I am having a 427 tall deck/truck block 10.2'' built into a 496 stroker. I have an Eagle rotating assembly, ballanced and all forged with 17cc. pistons, forged. My application is 4x4 offroad use in a chevy truck with 40'' tires, Im looking for big H/P within 2000-5000 RPM. My question is with heads, and what brand. 118cc. chambers give me 10.1 compresion and 124 chambers will be 9.4. I want a gut shot between the two and want aluminum. however the intake runner size has me confused I'm thinking 300-325? With a dual plane intake?

Any thoughts?

A dart 320 would be a good choice.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    310 Dart, or AFR 305 would be good with the dual Plane intake. Will build incredible torque at lower RPM.
    Competition Engines & Hardcore Engine Parts
    www.cnc-motorsports.com
    [email protected]

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    Thanks guys. That was the way I was leaning, just wanted to make sure I was thinking strait.

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    Im with Carl, AFR 305cc CNC heads. I run these on my 496ci stroker in a tame build and they make power!
    ATK HIGH PERFORMANCE ENGINES

WWW.HIGH-PERFORMANCE-ENGINES.COM

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    pro comp 320cc's i don't care what every think about them every one i talk to that RUNS them says there good heads for the price and they buy them again JMO
    and are you seth meddaugh?

- logan

Member JOURNEYMAN
    IMO AFR 265, Brodix 270 or Dart 270 oval ports would be a good choice. That build sounds like you need lots of TQ in the 2000-5000 range.
    "Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."