What was your most embarrasing racing moment ?

Old 03-31-2012, 06:05 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default What was your most embarrasing racing moment ?

I've got 3;
- Popped an oil line at the launch and laid a nice thin line all the way through the lights, this at Bandimere in a VeeWee.
- Forgot to pin the hood on my circle burner and it went up and wrapped over the windshield at the green flag.
- Missed 1-2 shift down at the Mojave Mile in 2010 on my 3rd run.

ops: ops: ops: ops: ops: ops: ops: ops: ops:
Old 03-31-2012, 07:17 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Bracket race. While I was waiting for my light I looked away for a split second. When I looked back at the light I was so fixed on the bottom yellow I didn't see the green light was already on. Of course when I finnaly did it was WAY late. (It was in the semi final round).
That's not even the worst part. Me and at least 10 other people went to the tower to tell them the light didn't work right. One of those people was filming it and agreed the light didn't work right.
I was in the tower and explaining that the dam lights didn't work. It went from 1 yellow, nothing, nothing, GREEN and I have it on video.
So we watch the video. ops: ops: ops: ops:

Funny part is NOBODY saw the light and some people still talk about me getting screwed by the lights that night.
I just don't have the heart to tell them the truth. lol
Old 04-01-2012, 03:52 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

after doing my burn out i put my 55 in reverse and stopped at the line. lights went down and i took off 100mph. in reverse.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:48 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Well I took a shot at some bottom bulb racing this year in the S-10. Good burnout, bumped in, flickered the bulb and was set. Told myself head down on the bottom and kill the last yellow. That plan went great until the top light came on and I killed it. LOL.

And I have attempted to stage the dragster using the rear tires. Got a little sideways in the burnout and rolled a little long. Got lost backing up and thought I had cleared the lights. Backed in and left the prestage light on using the rears.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:49 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

55 Years of racing? Too many to count! Probably averaged one a week . . .

I've shot myself in the foot so many times there's nothing left but scar tissue!
Old 04-01-2012, 08:35 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I would love to find todd's old post about breaking his ignition key in the stagging lane. That had to be the funniest drag racing moment ever!
Old 04-01-2012, 04:18 PM
todd8525
JOURNEYMAN

heading home after a weekend about 50mph parashoot opened.Someones kid was going around pulling pins.happened to 4 others thankfully no accidents,no damage.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:18 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Here is a video of some races from several years ago with my old truck.
My ops: is at 1:40. This was actually one of my first times bracket racing. Needless to say I fried my trans that night ops:. I did run it a little after that, but not much. My trans guy said it looked like burnt grease in the converter and trans. IDK how that happened. lol!

At 1:26 I shifted into netural by accident. My shifter was kinda messed up and it went from low all the way to netural. I used to shift right at the line and let it free roll in high to a stop.

At 3:05 I would have loved to have been able to ride the wheelie out, but it was going to the left guardrail.

I sure do miss that truck and those races!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2_UCudGZPQ&feature=player_embedded#!
Old 04-02-2012, 07:05 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

No explaination needed :!: :lol: :lol:

http://youtu.be/mfw4d1hC-BI

Mark
Old 04-04-2012, 10:30 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by todd8525
heading home after a weekend about 50mph parashoot opened.Someones kid was going around pulling pins.happened to 4 others thankfully no accidents,no damage.
Sorry, but I'm calling you out on this. It takes removal of the safety pin and activation (pull handle / air switch).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -