Looking for bearing source or number

Old 03-29-2012, 10:18 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Default Looking for bearing source or number

Hey guys, I'm looking for a source to get the rear thrust bearing that goes behind the planetaries. I would like to get them from a bearing supply or such rather than one of the trans places. If anyone has a source or at least a brand name with part number I would greatly appreciate it.

Curtis
Old 03-29-2012, 10:37 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

we got a place here called buffalo bearing they been i n buffalo since 1919 .... we use them all the time for our automotive and heavy equipment needs cause they are at least half the cost of any other place around here for bearing esp for Caterpillar stuff

they are only 15 mins from me so if they dont ship lmk... i will do it for ya buddy

http://buffalobearings.com/
Old 03-29-2012, 10:39 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

all they need is the number off the bearing and they normally take it from there :wink:
Old 03-29-2012, 12:29 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks, I have bearing places here also. What I don't have is a number for the bearings. We have been using old stock bearings that were still good and they don't have a number of any kind on them. That is my dilemma. I want to stop using the old factory bearings but don't have a number to cross with.

Curtis
Old 03-29-2012, 05:57 PM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Looking

When I get in that situation, I just take an example in to our local bearing house and they measure it with calipers, get into their bearing interchange books and come up with what I want.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:21 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Looking

Originally Posted by markdunlap
When I get in that situation, I just take an example in to our local bearing house and they measure it with calipers, get into their bearing interchange books and come up with what I want.
yes sir.... they did that on our 12ft tub grinder bearings.... the ones we were getting though company that built the machine weren't even lasting a year. they had no part numbers on them so i took one up to the old guy at buffalo bearing and about 20min later i had all new bearings..... 3 years later and still going :wink: