dang weather

Old 03-27-2012, 04:23 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Default dang weather

i hate NY.....goes from 2 weeks of 80 deg weather down to 30 deg overnight..... wtf
Old 03-27-2012, 04:46 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

enjoy that cool weather because this summer is gonna be BAD.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:05 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
between the drag car and my crotch rocket.... im ready for a hot summer
Old 03-27-2012, 06:28 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I had to turn the furnace back on this morning, kinda hoping I was done with it. Oh well, cant complain, mildest winter I can ever remember in 40+ years.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-27-2012, 01:28 PM
coolracing
MASTER BUILDER

I wanna come back to this topic when its 104 degrees and 99 percent humidity and not a cloud in the sky or a breeze! Im not scared my race shop never gets warmer then 66 degrees thanks to General Electric! :lol:
Old 03-27-2012, 01:39 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
you got that right outlaw...so far we have not had to turn on the air condition yet and we have had some high 80 degree days..the humidity as you know Outlaw is the killer down here....I can give credit to the extra insulation I placed in the attic over the winter..its keepng the heat from reaching us at ground level.....I have a boxed fan cut in the ceiling I turn that on and it sucks the air up into the attic..we open the windows and it creates a hell of a air stream...you got to be careful when opening the storm doors because it will slam it shut so hard its capable of shattering the glass...( hell of a vaccum)..we crack the windows and sleep like that at night...for now..in the next month this is out of question it will be sucking 110 degree air thru the house.... :x ...

so far the highest Power bill is $180....not to bad for a 3k sq ft house with 50x60 shop , fully powred gazebo etc...

I am on what you call a fixed average power bill where they take your average bill the previous year and get an average and charge you that average each month..mine is ($214.00) a month this year..any overage you pay up the last bill of the year, then they re-average and start over.....so far I am $300.00 under the actual usage cost...but that Nasty a$$ humidity is on its way...

Just curious what is everyone else Power Bill and does anyone else use the average power bill program ?

Thanks Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 03-27-2012, 06:53 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

about 250 a month here non a/c months......a/c on and it goes 450 easy....close to chitcago we get screwed on everything! :x
Old 03-27-2012, 07:20 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
about 250 a month here non a/c months......a/c on and it goes 450 easy....close to chitcago we get screwed on everything! :x
damn.... talk about bend over and grab your ankles........ wow
Old 03-28-2012, 04:15 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I run about $210 a month in the summer (if the AC is running all the time) and $180 during the winter. 2800 square foot house, hot tub, heated 16x20 garden shed and heated 3 car garage. Propane runs me about $165 a month and I have the fixed average program. It has actually gone down a little bit every year cause I have a credit left at the end of the cycle year. We did a lot of insulating, smart thermostat and I also use the heck out of my fireplace in the winter to heat the house.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-28-2012, 05:00 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

my hightest last summer was just south of $1000. but we have 4 meters on the property. a pool and the bike shop on one, the hotrod shop on one, the main house on one. then we have a cottage and a small building that i put my retarded brother in law in.( not makin fun of him ,he really is). good thing my wife makes good money! lol god i love my little girl lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -