Is THIS our 'future' ?

Old 03-23-2012, 07:07 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default Is THIS our 'future' ?

...or a look at what it COULD look like on our current course ?
Will it have an 'effect' on our children on how they view the value of 'life' ?

http://www.movieguide.org/articles/m...ger-games.html
Old 03-24-2012, 04:29 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

yrs ago i thought anyone who said they watched a movie or played a game and thats why they killed was just full of bs and looking for a way out of the trouble they were in. well not anymore. i now believe and have for awhile that these games and movies do contribute to all this killing and other bs.i now believe this here world is full of sick people.and all it takes is one movie, one game and bam, some nutcase starts killing.i use to like bloody ass movies,lots of shooting and highspeed car chases.but now when i watch a good one i wonder how many are gonna die because some sicko just watched the same movie.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:34 PM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

I quit watching most of the Blood and Guts stuff on TV and won't go to a shoot em up, blow em up movie . . The writers work their asses off figuring out different ways to kill people, the gorier, the better . . and some dumb assed kid is watching, and . . sooner or later, might try it on somebody . . .

Add to that, the video games these kids buy and play are shoot em up and killem, with no consequences . . That's where these 13-14 year olds get the idea to shoot up a school or a mall . . Shoot em and push the "Reset" button . . 'cept when you off a person, there isn't any "Reset" for them . .
Old 03-24-2012, 04:22 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

And when they wake up in the big house , they blame everyone but themselves, just as they are taught in school........
Old 03-25-2012, 05:42 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

so true to what you said roadkill and DD. i do remember my dad tellin me when i was a kid that this stuff is all bs.kid. make believe and it aint like that.seems some parents are forgetting to tell the kids that.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:59 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

That's cuz the parents don't 'know' any more either. I think that us old foggies and those younger that are genuine observers / thinkers, are all that stands between U.S. and 'them'.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:40 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

I dunno how old most of you guys are out there, but I can remember back to when "Crusader Rabbit" came on at 4 pm on TV. Since then the tube has become a Baby sitter and teacher for kids whose parents had neither the time or patience to give them something better than they got from TV . . So now you have two generations who have been taught by TV how to act, love, buy and kill . . Not to mention, reproduce . .

Scary, Huh?