History being 'changed' in our schools........

Old 03-20-2012, 06:40 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default History being 'changed' in our schools........

http://www.wnd.com/2012/03/911-gets-...u-s-textbooks/

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Old 03-21-2012, 04:32 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

how in the hell are they getting away with that.last i heard its public education. meaning us. the people. and its up to the parents to change it. glad my kids are out of school cause they would probably get kicked out by the time i was thru with the school board.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:10 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

It's called
**** UNIONS *****
Old 03-22-2012, 04:22 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

how do teacher unions controll whats in the books.?
Old 03-23-2012, 09:20 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
how do teacher unions controll whats in the books.?
First part of the answer, is, Union Teachers or at least "Liberal" Teachers write the school books our kids get . .

Second part is, these same Union Teachers get to re-write them every 2-3 years and change them just oh so little . . in their agenda's direction.

Now, because there's only three companies, for the most part, publishing and selling the core school books, they have to have some reason to make them obsolete every two-three years . . if they didn't they'd soon go out of business, because, once you've sold all the books your school district needs, without these changes, you wouldn't need any new ones, now, would you?
Old 03-24-2012, 04:15 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

ok roadkill, ill give some of that to you. but i knew alot of the there libby teachers.they may be pushing their beliefs in the books but not really union thinkin.i know, im a old man that believed in unions.and i know most have outlived their usefulness.but its still hard for me to turn against them.hell if it werent for them we would still be workin in hell holes and for nothing. im getting off the subject sorry.i still dont think its unions changing the books but the liberal scholors putting thier own slant on history, if thats the case.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:53 PM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
ok roadkill, ill give some of that to you. but i knew alot of the there libby teachers.they may be pushing their beliefs in the books but not really union thinkin.i know, im a old man that believed in unions.and i know most have outlived their usefulness.but its still hard for me to turn against them.hell if it werent for them we would still be workin in hell holes and for nothing. im getting off the subject sorry.i still dont think its unions changing the books but the liberal scholors putting thier own slant on history, if thats the case.
I graduated high school in 1959. My Literature teacher, in my Junior year, was, I later found out, the first "Hippie' I had ever seen . . and her syllabus was extremely liberal. Throeau, Ghandi, all the non-violent people who are today considered bench marks and monuments to the liberal movement . .

Since then, the kids I went to school with became teachers, under the tutlidge and mentoring of those same liberals . . Do you think they (My Peers) are any less liberal? And those same people are the strongest members of the NEA . .

As for Unions anyplace else. They had a place for establishing human rights for the average worker, but, they have outlived their usefullness. Try this on for sze. 98% of the Union money spent for "Political Education" went to Obama and the Democrats in 08, and they've raised even more to re-elect him in '12 . . Your union ask you if that was OK? They don't. They just spend YOUR dues as they damned well see fit!

Back to the Teacher's Unions . . They have, for over 35 years dictated syllabus and method in the classroom, because, "They know better than you or I" . . And that's why your eighth grader can't read, "See Dick Run".

Or did the average student get a lot dumber in the last 35 or so years?
Old 03-25-2012, 05:46 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

ok roadkill, your preachin to the choir here. i agree with all most all you said,almost all. lol i cant ask my union rep anything. i dont belong to one.because one ,they have outlived theselves and two, i cant work anymore.lol
Old 03-25-2012, 09:12 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Here's another example (or two, actually) Both the AFSCME and SEIU represent 96% civil service employees, local, state and federal government . . They can't strike, they can't (or aren't supposed to by most State Constitutions) support colletive bargaining . . but they do.

Back when I was a lot younger (and better looking) I took a job as a City Planner, a civil service position, and hadn't been on the job longer than three days when one employee and the local B.A. jumped me outside the office and informed me that I "MUST" sign up with the Union (AFSCME) in order to hold my job. Well, I knew Colorado was a "Right to Work" State and they were piping Bullsh*t. And before that I had belonged to both The Steel Worker's Union and The Operating Engineer's Union . .

They persisted, and I finally took the Co-worker to lunch, beat the hell out of him and went back to work after dropping him off at the ER . . The B.A. caught me in a bar about two weeks later and I took him out in the parking lot and beat the sh*t out of him and never heard another word about joining the Union.

But the bottom line is this. They only wanted my money. As a civil servant they couldn't do anything FOR me, but tried to do TO me . . Currently, AFSCME and SEIU are two of Obama's greatest supporters, both monetarily and in muscle (See Acorn, etc.) . .

And I've always been a hardass because I carry two and three quarters pounds of Muscle in the center of my back, just above my belt . . and have for most of my life . .
Old 03-25-2012, 01:22 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I like this guy......I like ALL you guys......We don't take schitt, and don't go looking to give it unless it's to give it BACK.
LONG LIVE the REPUBLIC !