Trade value higher

Old 03-16-2012, 04:37 PM
bad68backhalf
APPRENTICE

Default Trade value higher

I cant understand people,i offered a trade to a guy that wanted $22,000for his car,im asking $25,000 that i am pretty firm at,and was not asking for any money with the trade,he said for a trade i would have to come up with my car and $5,000 because ,if he were to trade his car it's worth more than mine,HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE!!!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 07:44 PM
grimratter
JUNIOR BUILDER

Lets not go here again! This topic always goes nowhere and gets very boring.
Hopefully nobody feels the need to respond.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:57 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I don't understand the ''Trade Value Higher'' concept either :!: To me it is a ripoff :!: :!:

Mark
Old 09-30-2012, 04:08 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Now this is the type ad we are talking about :!: This guy want's $4000.00 more on trade :? Make no sence, So he is saying other trade's aren't as good as his is :?:

http://www.racingjunk.com/Complete-R...RADE-SALE.html

Mark
Old 09-30-2012, 04:19 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Trade value higher

Originally Posted by bad68backhalf
I cant understand people,i offered a trade to a guy that wanted $22,000for his car,im asking $25,000 that i am pretty firm at,and was not asking for any money with the trade,he said for a trade i would have to come up with my car and $5,000 because ,if he were to trade his car it's worth more than mine,HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE!!!!!
hadn't even looked at your deal..but I do see in some situations where a "Trade Value is Higher" would come into play....its all about Cash is king and gets the better deal...pay me up front and I will give you a better bottom line to get my stuff...you want to trade me your stuff then I got to turn around and re-sale to get my asking price then you not gonna get my bottom line price....simple...my time and hassle is worth something. besides when I want to sale something I want to sale it.. (CASH) If you want to throw a trade in there I am gonna get the better end of it cause I wanted to sale outright anyway......Now if I have sale or trade...then the statement of higher trade value only applies if your stuff is less valuable then my stuff and ONLY I reserve the right to make that decision since you wanting my stuff.....just being honest..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-30-2012, 04:32 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Somewhere somebody must have actually done it because you see a lot of adds with trade value must be higher in them.
Sorry I'm not doing it. More than likely you're already loosing money on what your selling and not to mention most race cars and junk we are selling really doesn't have honest value anyway. It's worth what somebody will pay you for it and no more.