BLOWERS W/injection

Old 03-14-2012, 04:59 PM
injectedrat68
APPRENTICE

Default BLOWERS W/injection

I know they say you should run low compression with a blower @ 8.5 i think. My question is can i still run a blower with a big and ugly injection hat with a compression of about 12.1 on alka. My car is a full tube chassis, hopefully with a cert. 8.50 Just trying to figure out which engine combos to go with. ( (blowers w/ injection or tunnel ram injection) Thanks for responding Paul
Old 03-14-2012, 06:26 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Absolutely, i've ran 13.5/14.0 to one with a B/BLK 540 running 40% overdrive with a buzzard catcher. Engine ran 6.71@217 in 1985 in Linda Lanes top alcohol car.
I've got a 358" (broke now) with 12.0 and 1471 Littlefield with buzzard catcherat 30% OD ( the block gave up) it was stock 350 010 hi nickel blk filled to the top. It's going back together with a Dart blk 383" and i'll be running the same combo. It went 4.62 in the 1/8 with the 358" I luv blowers and alcohol (in that order :lol: )

Zip.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:33 PM
injectedrat68
APPRENTICE

Default blowers

Hey zip how it going, anyway i talked to an shop up in MN who advertise blower built motors. They told me i can run 12.5/1 and it would have to be on alka. Ok sounds good. Now- i called another blower builder down in TX. He told me i couldnt run that compression over or under drive cause it blow the bottom right out. Also recommed that i have a 4 bolt . They also said the inside of the blower had to have a special coating on it because the alka would melt the alum. I thought alka runs really cold ? So i think im back to square one on what to do. I still havent finished putting the ft. clip on the camaro yet. Been freaking wicked busy, i guess thats good for others but i think im going to get a late start this yr. again. Thanks for reading the letter Paul
Old 03-16-2012, 05:59 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: blowers

Originally Posted by injectedrat68
Hey zip how it going, anyway i talked to an shop up in MN who advertise blower built motors. They told me i can run 12.5/1 and it would have to be on alka. Ok sounds good. Now- i called another blower builder down in TX. He told me i couldnt run that compression over or under drive cause it blow the bottom right out. Also recommed that i have a 4 bolt . They also said the inside of the blower had to have a special coating on it because the alka would melt the alum. I thought alka runs really cold ? So i think im back to square one on what to do. I still havent finished putting the ft. clip on the camaro yet. Been freaking wicked busy, i guess thats good for others but i think im going to get a late start this yr. again. Thanks for reading the letter Paul
Paul, both people are right. You didn't say SM/BLK or B/BLK, but you have to have a good after market block and a good rotating assy with blower pistons, to run that compression also in all cases you can't run a street blower, it has to be hard anidized, the case and the rotors and with tefloned rotors inserts (IE racing blower) I broke mine because it was stock 350 4 bolt hi nickle blk, i was making perhaps 1200 HP, the block just couldn't handle it.

Zip.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:29 AM
injectedrat68
APPRENTICE

Default blowers

Alright then that settles that. I guess ill stay with what i have this yr. and sell the motor this fall unless i dont get to race at all this yr.Let me ask you this, is it possible to spend somewhere of 10k or less for a decent blower motor. Thats kind of what i have to spend. Ill talked to ya later, i got to go to my class this morning 7am- 3pm have a good day. Paul
Old 03-20-2012, 12:15 PM
A65rocketman
SHOW GUEST

Default Sheet metal manifold with alky, nos injectors

I might have something you'd be interested in, can email pic's to a personal email only.

Thx. Jerry, 65rocketman.live.com or 352 357 4248
Old 03-24-2012, 01:54 AM
injectedrat68
APPRENTICE

Default post subject

A65rocketman i sent you a pm with my E-mail.