I need turbo information,please

Old 03-08-2012, 09:39 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Default I need turbo information,please

Anything and everything concerning turbos. I'm considering using either a LS engine or a traditional SBC. Dont know which. Single or twin I havent decided either. I have never fooled with turbos before so all the lingo and sizes are foreign to me. Any sites,links,opinions would be greatly appreciated! My projected goal is for extreme street-ability.I mean a dead stock idle. For an idea of what Im shooting for the car now has a BBC in it and weighs 2990lbs without driver.I know that whenit goes back on the street that just replacing the original windows will give me 100 lbs worth of weight. I weighed it when they come out. Add door panels,wipers,stereo (gotta have tunes) air conditioning and a passenger seat and I would say it's fair to assume the car will end up around 3500 lbs with me in it going down the road.

So,3500 lbs with a single or twin turbo'd SBC or LSI...what do I need to run 6.0 in the 1/8 mile or close to it (under that is an option as well ) and still retain full street manners and reliability. Fuel mileage is a concern as well.I dont want a 6 miles to the gallon cruiser. I would settle for a minimum of 15-17 mpg.

Who's done this or seen it done? I know its doable,I just need direction and want all the feedback I can get. Thanks!
Old 03-08-2012, 01:09 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

there is a guy at our track with a 2nd gen camaro with the 6.0 with a turbo and nitrous.... running upper 7's in the quater ..... all steel body and glass except the hood :wink:
Old 03-08-2012, 07:27 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

GADS ZOOK.....7's in a full body car.... I distinctly remembering when the AA/Fuelers got into the 7's.......
Old 03-08-2012, 09:30 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Pick his brain Vega! And bring a pen and paper with you :lol:
Old 03-09-2012, 06:09 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by olds48
Pick his brain Vega! And bring a pen and paper with you :lol:
it was a 3rd gen camaro...... sorry late 80's early 90's camaro

the guys name is Brian ... he owns a speed shop here in buffalo called "too fast garage" really nice guy... i plan on picking his brain for sure