Thread: I need turbo information,please

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

I need turbo information,please

Anything and everything concerning turbos. I'm considering using either a LS engine or a traditional SBC. Dont know which. Single or twin I havent decided either. I have never fooled with turbos before so all the lingo and sizes are foreign to me. Any sites,links,opinions would be greatly appreciated! My projected goal is for extreme street-ability.I mean a dead stock idle. For an idea of what Im shooting for the car now has a BBC in it and weighs 2990lbs without driver.I know that whenit goes back on the street that just replacing the original windows will give me 100 lbs worth of weight. I weighed it when they come out. Add door panels,wipers,stereo (gotta have tunes) air conditioning and a passenger seat and I would say it's fair to assume the car will end up around 3500 lbs with me in it going down the road.

So,3500 lbs with a single or twin turbo'd SBC or LSI...what do I need to run 6.0 in the 1/8 mile or close to it (under that is an option as well ) and still retain full street manners and reliability. Fuel mileage is a concern as well.I dont want a 6 miles to the gallon cruiser. I would settle for a minimum of 15-17 mpg.

Who's done this or seen it done? I know its doable,I just need direction and want all the feedback I can get. Thanks!
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity"- Abraham Lincoln

there is a guy at our track with a 2nd gen camaro with the 6.0 with a turbo and nitrous.... running upper 7's in the quater ..... all steel body and glass except the hood :wink:
    GOOD PARTS AREN'T CHEAP AND CHEAP PARTS ARE NEVER GOOD.........
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...lastscan-3.jpg

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    GADS ZOOK.....7's in a full body car.... I distinctly remembering when the AA/Fuelers got into the 7's.......
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Pick his brain Vega! And bring a pen and paper with you :lol:
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity"- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by olds48
    Pick his brain Vega! And bring a pen and paper with you :lol:
    it was a 3rd gen camaro...... sorry late 80's early 90's camaro

the guys name is Brian ... he owns a speed shop here in buffalo called "too fast garage" really nice guy... i plan on picking his brain for sure
    GOOD PARTS AREN'T CHEAP AND CHEAP PARTS ARE NEVER GOOD.........
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...lastscan-3.jpg