I need help identifying this front suspension

Old 03-07-2012, 02:39 PM
f35rocket
SHOW GUEST

Default I need help identifying this front suspension

My pro street 1963 Impala has what looks like a Mustang II based front suspension. The car was built in the late 90's, with a full tube chassis. What I need help with is identifying the actual source of the front suspension. As I stated, it LOOKS like Mustang II. However, the mounting holes are closer together. 4 1/2" vs 5". Due to tight clearances, drilling new mounting holes isn't an option. If I cannot identify and replace the bushings I'll have to totally revamp the front of the car. A project I'd like to avoid, if possible. I have photos, but don't know if they can be posted to this discussion.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

You can post pics if you already have them on a hosting site like photobucket. just right click the pics to get the properties, copy the pic URL, then click the "Img" button on here, paste the URL and click the "Img" button again. If we can see it, we might be able to identify the manufacturer.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...