Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: I need a car and trailer transported, any idea??

  1. #1

    I need a car and trailer transported, any idea??

    My dad passed away and Im getting his pick up, trailer and race car but I need it transported from NC to NJ. Any idea if there are transport companies that can get the whole package up here? The truck and car would be easy, but the trailer would be the issue..Any help would be appreciated cause I cant bring myself to go to my Dad's house and drive his truck and trailed back up here myself..I would rather have it transported up..

    Thanks..Oh and its in Greensboro NC, I need it to central NJ.
    Just pissin YALL off...

  2. #2
    Moderator RACING JUNKIE Harbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,944
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thats going to be pretty expensive to transport all 3, especially the trailer. Do you have anyone you can trust to go down, hook it all up and drive it back?
    Chris

    As close to "Normal" as I can get...

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by harbone66
    Thats going to be pretty expensive to transport all 3, especially the trailer. Do you have anyone you can trust to go down, hook it all up and drive it back?
    Not really...I would have to fly down and drive back myself, which I dont think I could bring myself to do just yet.I really dont want to see his house just yet..
    Either way its gonna cost me..If I pay someone, and gas and tolls then get them back down there..Or if I go down there and drive back..
    Just pissin YALL off...

  4. #4
    Moderator RACING JUNKIE Harbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,944
    Blog Entries
    1
    thats a tough deal...
    Chris

    As close to "Normal" as I can get...

  5. #5
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Emmett, Idaho
    Posts
    7,334
    When my father passed on, my brother and I spent several days sorting out his shop. Was actually a real nice trip down memory lane. Seeing all those tools that had been in his hands so much they had wear grooves from his fingers. We each took what we could realistically use (not much left after that) and shared the rest with others outside the family. His pickup, camp trailer and old tractor we had to sell as neither of us really needed them, but we had a good time cleaning them up and knowing Dad had enjoyed them immensely, finding little custom touches here and there.
    J, I encourage you to make the trip yourself and enjoy being in the rigs he had enjoyed himself. He'll be right there along side of ya the whole time.
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

    God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

  6. #6
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    falkville al
    Posts
    1,766
    zlisten to DD. he is right about this. believe me i know.

  7. #7
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE lively's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    ILLINOIS
    Posts
    2,191
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
    When my father passed on, my brother and I spent several days sorting out his shop. Was actually a real nice trip down memory lane. Seeing all those tools that had been in his hands so much they had wear grooves from his fingers. We each took what we could realistically use (not much left after that) and shared the rest with others outside the family. His pickup, camp trailer and old tractor we had to sell as neither of us really needed them, but we had a good time cleaning them up and knowing Dad had enjoyed them immensely, finding little custom touches here and there.
    J, I encourage you to make the trip yourself and enjoy being in the rigs he had enjoyed himself. He'll be right there along side of ya the whole time.
    SAME HERE--make the trip--IT CAN REALLY HELP ALOT OF THE TIME 8)

  8. #8
    I agree, I lost my father a couple of years ago. I sure do miss him. My brother and I sorted out all of his tools between us. It brought back a alot of good memories.

    Take the trip and enjoy it.

  9. #9
    Junior Member APPRENTICE
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia,Pa
    Posts
    22
    What kind of truck,will the truck tow the trailer and car,i would go down there for you and bring it back.If intrested call me [email protected],ask for doug. i have a dually to bring trailer and car but would be easier to bring all 3 at once. Let me know.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bad68backhalf
    What kind of truck,will the truck tow the trailer and car,i would go down there for you and bring it back.If intrested call me [email protected],ask for doug. i have a dually to bring trailer and car but would be easier to bring all 3 at once. Let me know.
    Its a 93 Chevy pick up and open car trailer with the car on it. He used the truck to tow the trailer. How much you think it will cost me??
    Just pissin YALL off...


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright © 2005-2016 RacingJunk.com All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the RacingJunk.com
Terms of Use, Classifieds Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy