WOW What is up with some of these prices.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:17 AM
RiceIsWrong
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default WOW What is up with some of these prices.

Looking through the Ad's I see some 68-69 Camaros going for way more than they are worth, why is it that they are way over inflated?
I have 5 67-69 Camaros three that are "Show Quality" and I couldnt see me selling them for as high as what unfinished cars and 20' ers are selling for...
HEY YOU OVER PRICED CAR FREAKS, WAKE UP!

Just had to rant a little...
Old 02-29-2012, 06:42 AM
coolracing
MASTER BUILDER

Alot of people think they have Barret Jackson cars lately!
Old 02-29-2012, 01:52 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Oh, I hate barrett jackson :evil: You used to be able to buy a decent car,not running,a fixer for $500. That same car is now some "rare piece of history" :roll:

"Yeah man,thats not your average Chevelle I'm selling.I saw one just like it on Barrett Jackson going for....."

.....what ever . Shut up.

Barret Jackson ruined the old car market. I have a GOOD friend that lives next door that had an old mustang he picked up for practically free. He watched a few episodes of BJ (pun is oh so intended) and then he wanted like four grand for the heap.

I rank B-J right up there with...well,dont get me started! :evil:
Old 02-29-2012, 05:21 PM
grimratter
JUNIOR BUILDER

I agree. BJ has ruined the old car market. I refuse to watch it. It just pisses me off to see these "rich kids ( and older guys)" with way too much money, paying thoses crazy prices just because they can.
I said this once on another forum, but I was watching it a few years ago, and there was this rich guy that had bought 5 Lingenfelter Vettes and then a '69 Camaro came up. It was a nice car, maybe worth $50,000. He bid it up to $125,000 and got it. When the auctioneer asked, after buying 5 Vettes, why would you buy a Camaro? He said "just cause I wanted it"!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:29 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Well boys, it's called the 'free market system' of supply and demand. Unfortunately for us hard core gearheads, it means way too many potential project cars just sit and rust away in fields, leaky barns and buildings, and overgrown back yards all across America.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:01 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

It's not just cars. Some people think that because they can post it on the www it's worth twice as much.

I know this truck and it's a really well built truck, but no way is it worth 38k as a roller.

http://www.racingjunk.com/Mud-Racing...aginCajun.html
Old 03-01-2012, 02:15 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

ive been comlpaining about b j for awhile. i buy old bodys and man im about to call it quits.you want high, price a steel rusty all to hell beat up 41 willys. saw one sell for over 25,000 and it was almost all gone. thats why ive got a glass body waiting for me to build.and we used to buy alot of antiques for the house and shop.not anymore,american pickers has shot the price of ru of the mill JUNK twice as high as it was a couple yrs ago.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:41 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

The fact that scrap steel prices are way up means quite a lot of useable cars of all ages are being crushed, thus driving up the prices because of scarcity. ( SCARCITY ? Sounds like a disease ! :shock: )
I see farmers dragging into the local scrapper, all sorts of potential projects, and I almost cry whenever I see it. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Makes me even madder still at the yahoos who have destroyed our economy just for power OVER the people.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Old 03-01-2012, 10:32 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

DD, I wish you would not hold in your feelings. Once in a while tell us how you really feel.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:55 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

I know what you mean oldandtired, DMDD is just so unspoken. You need to loosen up man! :wink:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -