Desparete actions aimed at the WRONG people !

Old 02-26-2012, 08:11 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default Desparete actions aimed at the WRONG people !

Read some of the comments, very telling..

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-...na-115540.html

"LONG LIVE the REPUBLIC !"
Old 02-27-2012, 04:39 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

im still not decided on this. i was pro union for many yrs. it was the unions that had our back from the beginning. but as the late70s came to a end i was starting to see a turn there. i think they have overstayed the usefulness but its hard for me to turn against them. but old mitt is or was wrong to say what he did. atleastto say it in detroit.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:34 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

No matter the union history, it has become nothing more than the financial wing of the Democratic (Progressive) Party.

That should pretty much explain any stand that the Unions take on anything!
Old 02-28-2012, 09:43 AM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

I don't have that much of a problem with private unions, ie, those in the private sector who are competing in the market place. If the unions milk the companies for too much then they kill the goose, ie, if the company makes no money, then the union guys will be looking for work somewhere else and the pattern starts over again.

The auto bailouts were a problem as if GM and Chrysler were allowed to go bankrupt, then all union contracts would have been VOID and the companies could have been bought out by another and started over from scratch with competitive wage and benefits packges.

The problem I have is with public worker unions that really have no one to stop them during contract negotiations. We damn sure can't depend on any politicians to look out for us as they just give the unions what they want then raise OUR taxes to pay for it!!

Hell, even FDR was AGAINST public worker unions and if that Progressive saw a problem with it, then that speaks volumes as to why we are in the deep sheite we're in now!

We need someone in office that will do what Reagan did to the aircraft controllers union years ago! But there's no one out there with those kind of kahoona's now!
Old 02-29-2012, 03:20 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

now roadkill i been agreeing with you lately but your wrong. not all unions are like that.or even part of any political party.but there are a few i do think that maybe the case.use to like uaw. NOT NO MORE!!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:36 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Don't want to be disagreeable, but look at where the union dues go in 90% of your Unions. To Political Action Committees, and over 95% of that is given to either the Democratic Candidates or the Union PAC backing a Democratic Candidate . . . Used to be, a Union had a "Political Arm" . . Now, 80% of their operations are political and involved in Liberal agendas . .

Wisconsin is a pretty good example of what the unions are about . .