Sleep driving into a NIGHTMARE.......

Old 02-22-2012, 04:30 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default Sleep driving into a NIGHTMARE.......

http://autoholics.com/2012/02/22/Wat...orrect--610466

He's awake NOW !! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 02-23-2012, 04:28 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

lucky him, lucky them!!. them being the other people coming at him. pennsylvania passed a law a couple yrs ago thats its against the law to driver sleepy.there goes half the population.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:33 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
lucky him, lucky them!!. them being the other people coming at him. pennsylvania passed a law a couple yrs ago thats its against the law to driver sleepy.there goes half the population.
:lol:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 02-23-2012, 12:31 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

MINIMUM: change underwear & then proceed home. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 02-24-2012, 08:01 AM
bcw49
SENIOR BUILDER

I had an experience something like that, and I'm lucky to be here today. On a two lane highway a Semi crossed the center line coming at me and he got close enough to rip the side rear view mirror off.(no other damage)
I was driving a Dodge mini van, If that semi would of been another foot over, I wouldn't be here typing this now. Scared the crap out of me.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:16 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

DRIVIN A DODGE MINI VAN.!!!!! glad you didnt get it no worse,but a mini van.lol
Old 02-26-2012, 05:51 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Years ago, it was 1984 or 85, my jeep was in the shop so I was driving a borrowed car from a chevy delearship. The car was a small dodge car. (may be something about Dodge) I was driving on a two lane country road and the sun was right in my eyes. I remember leaning my head back on the headrest and the next thing I remember a dump truck was blowing the horn and he was on my right side! I was already starting to get off the road and heading to a deep ditch still going 60 on cruise control.
I tried to keep as straight as I could and try to stear back onto the road, but knew I was gonna wreck.

It very well could have been my last day if I weren't lucky.
Of course I didn't have a seat belt on, the truck was able to go around me instead of hitting me and I was lucky to have been in a car and not my jeep.

I felt really bad about wrecking that car since it was a borrowed. A friend of mine's dad owned the place and he decided to tell his dad that the left front tire blew out and cuased me to run in the ditch.
So story about is made up if anybody ask! lol
Old 02-26-2012, 07:30 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I think most of us have woken up looking at a guard rail or two in our travels.......My most 'memorable' time was in the mid 70's I was on I-84 along the Columbia River in Oregon. Mid August, high 90's, heading home solo in a big sign crane truck towing a 30 foot trailer loaded with old electric signs, tired as all getout. I was in the right lane and all of a sudden this car on my left is madly honking it's horn. Two chicks had wakened me up cuz I was sleep driving bigtime. Flat nodded out for a few seconds. ops: ops: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Coulda been a bad scene with the Columbia River right there.....
Old 02-26-2012, 10:51 PM
bcw49
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by outlaw256
DRIVIN A DODGE MINI VAN.!!!!! glad you didnt get it no worse,but a mini van.lol
"NOT MINE" I'm a CHEVY guy!!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 07:35 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

My Dad fell asleep on his motorcycle one time :shock: He was riding in the back of a group of 3 other guys. When he nodded off he leeeeeaned back and opened the throttle. SOMEHOW he just flew right by the other guys. Wayne,up front said Dad was going 80 mph+ when he passed him. He woke up just as his front tire started wiggling on the edge of the shoulder where the pavement ends. :shock: Bike was traded off within the week :lol:

Ya'll boys need some coffee or 5 hour energy or something! I ain't riding with none of ya'll! :lol:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -