New to dirt crate late models.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:54 AM
Trav81
SHOW GUEST

Default New to dirt crate late models.

We are planning on purchasing a crate late model for our son who will be 18 very soon. He is not new to racing: quarter midgets 7-11, micro sprints 12-13, legend car 14-16. He wants a late model now and we are going to a crate because this is a family-owned, operated and sponsored race team!! We are planning on purchasing a new engine but would like to start with a used car. I am asking around some local racers where I live what they recommend but I thought I would ask you guys on here. We live in Central PA so we are planning on racing the northeast Fastrak division. I want to know what brand of chassis, what year of chassis, any spects on chassis, tranny, rear end, suspension that you would like would be best for starting out in a late model. Also, any sugestions on what to stay away from would be great too. Thanks for any help!

theracingwilsons81[/quote][/b]
Old 02-11-2012, 08:19 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Contact the racing organization you'll be racing in. They will have rule books. The tracks you race at might have racing forums on their websites.

---------