c.a.m. performance????

Old 02-10-2012, 08:32 AM
mcss1985
SHOW GUEST

Default c.a.m. performance????

anybody give me some feedback on this seller? If its seems to good to be true it certainly is. Engine blocks from Australia???
Old 02-10-2012, 08:58 AM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Re: c.a.m. performance????

Originally Posted by mcss1985
anybody give me some feedback on this seller? If its seems to good to be true it certainly is. Engine blocks from Australia???

Not being smart because your statement is true....You have already answered your question!!! Also WELCOME to the forum........
Old 02-10-2012, 09:23 AM
mcss1985
SHOW GUEST

so far he has the best deal by far for exactly what im looking for. but id like a little backround info first. ive been burned before. ill give anybody a chance but im still cautious. The thing that really bothers me is this is the only listing place for that company. Try to google it...come up with nothing.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:57 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: c.a.m. performance????

Originally Posted by lotsof454sss

Not being smart because your statement is true....You have already answered your question!!! Also WELCOME to the forum........
Where you been oldtimer, haven't seen you around for a couple yrs. Geez i thought you went off and kicked the bucket, or got caught making Moonshine or something.

Zip.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:02 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

so far he has the best deal by far for exactly what im looking for. but id like a little backround info first. ive been burned before. ill give anybody a chance but im still cautious. The thing that really bothers me is this is the only listing place for that company. Try to google it...come up with nothing.
You mean this ad?

http://www.racingjunk.com/Blocks/247...ce=featuredAds

It is what it says it is, don't be missled it's the Chinese copy/knockoff of the Dart blk that everyone says is junk.
You'd be better off buying the real Dart SHP block for the same price and much better quality.

Zip.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:29 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

If it is the Pro comp Block they are pretty good blocks but it takes a lot of machine work .
We did two of them last summer for some local guy's one of them we had to do a lot of honing on the cam journals to get bearing to fit it and then three of the cylinders were off center .
Both guy's ran them all season with no problems but you could be out a lot of money on the machine work .
Like Zip said just buy the SHP block still may require some machine work but not nowhere as much as the pro comp blocks .
Old 02-11-2012, 10:48 AM
mcss1985
SHOW GUEST

Thank you, that's the info I was looking for. Got a good price on a little m block from ohio crankshaft ready to go.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:51 AM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Good luck on the block decision

Hello Zip and all others from years ago and new....Don't want to steal the mans post..

Looks like you got a feedback on it....

Good luck on your decision on the block and surely we can scare up someone else that knows this company...You came to the right place!