CORNWELL OR SNAP ON

Old 01-29-2012, 05:25 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Default CORNWELL OR SNAP ON

Which sockets would you say are stronger....impacts and standard..time to replace a bunch of my stuff. looking at both cornwell & snap on...no more matco.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:02 PM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default cornwell

Anybody like Craftsman tools and tool boxes? They cost less than half and have a lifetime warrenty.

You don't need to finance them like the off the truck brands.

Is it an ego thing to own a $5000 toolbox when a $1000 box will hold the same number of tools?

Will Craftsman tools even go into a Snap On tool box?
Old 01-29-2012, 06:13 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Im with you when it comes to the box..Im looking to replace mainly socket sets with something better...craftsman sockets now break like glass...same goes for there impact sockets,tired of replacing junk with junk....now craftsman stuff is made in china.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:14 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I have a bunch of Craftsman tool's, Snap-on is too high, Craftsman has the same warranty :!: :!:

Mark
Old 01-29-2012, 06:21 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mopar1968
I have a bunch of Craftsman tool's, Snap-on is too high, Craftsman has the same warranty :!: :!:

Mark
same here....I have boxes full of craftsman stuff I have picked up over the years...most of the common sockets that we all bust or lose are picked out....the newer stuff breaks easy...now there stuff is made in china.... matco is no better...up here in the rusty salt belt our sockets & wrenchs get there azz kicked taking apart all the rusty junk we work on up here.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:33 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

have had my craftsman set for for 40 years now--broke 1 --3/8 ratchet and 2-- 3/4 sockets ==both replaced under warrenty

my son has mostly snap on tools but all craftsman sockets [2 years old craftsman-- never broke 1 yet]

broke 2 snapon tools --1--1/2 inch breaker bar and 1--1/4 inch ratchet

like has been said---YOU HAVE TO GO IN DEPT FOR THE SNAPON TOOLS .DEEPLY

HARD CHOICE 8)
Old 01-29-2012, 06:36 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I've never been a craftsman tool buyer . When I turned wrences for a living I bought mostly Mac. I also bought Snap On, Matco and some SK. Mac guy quit, Matco guy quit, the only one left is the Snap On man. I do like most of the Snap On tools, but do not like their wrenches. They're to thin. I don't like their cheap Blue Point impact wrenches though. You can buy an IR from Lowes for the same $ and it's a better impact.

In the last few years I have bought some Craftsman stuff and it's ok for the race trailer and I do like their professional wrenches.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:54 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default craftsman

I recently brought a broken ratchet into a sears store and the guy behind the counter handed a ratchet "rebuilding kit" I asked him if he was serious.He said YES, I asked him about the lifetime warranty and he said if the kit does not fix it bring it back and they would replace it. What a shame !!!!! I remember when sears cared about customers !
Old 01-29-2012, 07:15 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

GO TO A DIFFERENT SEARS STORE !!!! 8)
Old 01-29-2012, 07:39 PM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

I've been getting Kobalt tools lately and I like the way they look and feel and they have a lifetime warranty. Snap On and Mac are like the Aarons rentals of tools. You pay alot more because they finance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -