BEWARE Jimmy Sexton

Old 01-09-2012, 07:02 PM
diggerbird
SHOW GUEST

Default BEWARE Jimmy Sexton

Back in June of 2009 I did some trading with Jimmy Sexton of the Toledo , Ohio area. He got my turn key 2001 S&W hardtail dragster with a 555 BBC and built glide. This car ran 7.70's all day long and was an extremely good piece. I got a 1964 Chevelle that was back halfed with a four link but no cage, a partially completed 80's S 10 Drag Truck with ladder bars and jegster style front end, a glide that was supposed to have a brake in it, enough parts to SUPPOSEDLY put both the car and truck together all mixed up in boxes, and a 461 BBC that was supposed to have a steel crank, LS 7 rods and SRP pistons, it did have a set of World Merlin X iron heads. Now, I know I am responsible for allot of this deal, BUT, the Glide had no brake, just a solenoid screwed into the trans, other than that it was stock. That was my first clue I had been had. Next, almost everything for the Chevelle was just plain junk or unusable, again, I'll take part of that on me. The truck, well, lets just say it was no where near what he said it was, again, on me. After all of this, I did get the Chevelle altogether to run on the street with the 461 in it and a 700r4 tranny. All this time, and I guess I shoulda known better, I figured he was at least telling the truth about the engine, stupid me. I got it all apart today, after driving it on the street for approx 3,000 miles, expecting to see the parts as he described them, NOT. Cast crank ground .010" on the rods and mains, stock rods, and hypertectic pistons. He ha also said that it had JUST been built, but the rod and main bearings were both dated 2001 build dates. Now, I'll take the hit for all of this, it's my fault for taking him at his word and for not checking EVERYTHING I got from him, I am just warning those out there to watch this guy, because I am not the first one he's lied to, and I know he has burned other people to. I have no recourse or any way of being satisfied other than chalking it up to experience. I am the kind of guy who trusts someone until they give me reason not to. I have had many internet and person to person deals and NEVER been burned like this guy did me, so, all I am saying is, BEWARE before you deal with him.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:13 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtop...ghlight=sexton

and your original post:

Seems Jim Sexton is vying for a Forum Lifetime Achievement Award.

Diggerbird, why not just update your original post from 2009 rather than run multiple threads?

Scorp
Old 01-12-2012, 08:26 PM
childrb
SHOW GUEST

So you got scammed by the same guy twice???