Richmond 4 Speed failure

Old 12-17-2011, 03:02 PM
leopesci67
SHOW GUEST

Default Richmond 4 Speed failure

Is there anyone who has maybe experienced the same problem I have had with my transmission? I have a Richmond Super T10 4 Speed tha has less than 2000 miles that failed on me. I have a small block 1967 Chevelle with a 4:11 10 bolt rear end. The transmission stated to howl in 3rd and 4th gear the started to knock. I have not opened it up yet due to still being in disbeleif that this has happened to a fairly new transmission. If anyone has had a similar incident please let me know. :?:
Old 02-13-2012, 08:11 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

I have the same transmission in a '66 Impala. It was noisy when new so I called Richmond. They said they documented my claim and said if it failed within warranty that they would approach the situation then. I wasn't real happy with that but had no other options,really. As of now it has about 60,000 miles on it and the noise all but left within the first 1,000 miles or so. But now it wants to jump out of third gear whenever you shift into it at a low rpm. Call Richmond and ask them about it. It's just your best bet.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:07 PM
leopesci67
SHOW GUEST

Thank you i will be contacting Richmond to see what they say. i still have not pulled it out to see what the problem is. I'm just too upset!