RACING JUNKIE

Default Bright idea.......

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ight-bulb-ban/

----------
Old 12-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

DD:

I have to say... that was a boring read of more political blah blah blah....

Give me the headlines on this bulb thing. I have heard some things, but i do not understand why it is such a major topic of discussion over the last few years. The bulbs work, they seem to last fine. Is it that they are more destructive to recycle? Is it that we will be forced to use them & nothing else??? I know they are expensive... so what is the spin on these??
Old 12-16-2011, 03:00 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Incandescents are power hogs compared with the piggy tail bulbs. GE is a major player in the 'green' movement as they are in place to benefit monetarily with all sorts of 'green energy' products. They have major support in the GVT, pay literally zero taxes, and hold patents on the pigtail bulbs.
The 100 watt incandescents were to be 'illegal' to sell in the USA by Jan 1 '12. Then the lower wattage bulbs in the following years. That has been 'delayed' at this time for political reasons.
Pig tail bulbs contain mercury, are considered a hazardous waste product,( to be disposed of properly), and if broken can cost literally thousands of dollars to 'clean up'(thanks EPA).I say BS. I played with loose mercury often when a kid and only have 3 eyes to see out of.
GE has new 'green' bulbs that cost $50 or more to replace the 100W incandescent. You can see them at your local big box hardware store.

Here's the original official bill;

http://lightingcontrolsassociation.o...sted-fixtures/

Old 12-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Jeeeze... there was a whole lot more to that mess than I expected... over silly light bulbs. Sounds like GE & the EPA are too big.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:39 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Jeeeze... there was a whole lot more to that mess than I expected... over silly light bulbs. Sounds like GE & the EPA are too big.

EXACTLY!!!!!! :evil:
Old 12-17-2011, 02:41 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

well i got enough litebulbs to last me the rest of my life. when i first heard this i bought a BUNCH of 60,75 and 100s. i hate the new bulbs. me dont like change.