Winter Time

Old 12-04-2011, 10:00 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Winter Time

Well lets have it ... whats everyone planning to change or do to your stuff over the winter
Old 12-04-2011, 11:26 AM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Well was planning on doing some funday sunday racing but thats not going to happen. I rebuilt my engine a few months back and took it to test everthing and make a few passes and on the 3rd pass turned on the fogger with 150 hit and hit it about 400ft out, it was on a good pass then at 800ft blew a dam hole in #8 and geuss it broke the piston and parts of that one went across and put holes on the other side. I got the car back to shop took a bore scoope and found a hole in #8 and said the hell with it for now. I havnt had time to pull it out as i have been moving my shop and getting everthing back in order, never know how much stuff you have till you move, 12 years in the same place. I had a friend help me put the engine back in the car after i rebuilt it and was down to putting a small tuneup in fogger and handed him the jets and some how when i went to hook up the lines i must have kick out the nos side on #8. When i pulled off the lines thier was no jet and have still not found it. I am amazed when i tested the fogger that there was no frost on the line or the nozzle. Thats what i am going to be doing, putting some new pistons in and hope thats all thats wrong.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:35 AM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Dave, also wanted to thank you for the help and info on the lifters. I sent them out to isky to find out that they were crowers and isky was so kind to send them to crower at no charge. They rebuilt the lifters for 250.00 witch was a lot cheaper than the cost of a new set. ($1000.00)
Old 12-04-2011, 11:48 AM
EXPERT BUILDER

Dang wazup, that makes me feel better about my luck :shock:
Don't you love drag racing :cry:
Old 12-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

No more drag car but I am gonna beef up my 79 Z28 with solid subframe bushings, weld-on subframe connectors, G-Braces for the front cradle, 1" drop composite rear leaf springs and 2" drop Hotchkis front coils. Not only will she be quick in a straight line, she's gonna carve a few corners as well!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 12-04-2011, 06:39 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default updating chevelle and crew

70 chevelle getting
1 new gas tank and sump
2 new carb ??? (not sure of manu yet)
3 slight chassis work to keep the chassis from corkscrewing at launch
4 new slicks
5 vac pump (evac sysytem)
6 adding another cooling fan
7 radiator
8 new convertor
just to name a few

Trailer getting
Slickering up the outside of the trailer wax/buff
adding some pit pal stuff
mounting a radio in the trailer
buying a large fan for hot days in the pits
buying a smaller scooter for the quick trips to the washroom
adding some led lighting to the interior and exterior
new rims and tires

I hope Santa is reading this to me out ? LOL
Happy Holidays to all be safe
jeff M.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:41 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

well im still trying to finish my wifes 67 impala. then i gott decide whats next in line.63 fairlane gasser, i gotta almost all the parts just gotta build. 41 willys gasser got all those parts well not all but some.paint my 62 galaxie. its my daily driver and i love it so i might not tear it down for paint.by the time i decide it will be spring and i still wont have anything done. lol
Old 12-05-2011, 04:35 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Probably just sending my headers I built in to Nitroplate to be coated. They have a special going on this month.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:41 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by wazup
Dave, also wanted to thank you for the help and info on the lifters. I sent them out to isky to find out that they were crowers and isky was so kind to send them to crower at no charge. They rebuilt the lifters for 250.00 witch was a lot cheaper than the cost of a new set. ($1000.00)
glad that worked out, sorry to hear about the engine letting go though.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:27 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default ?

IF)?The Funds are AVALIBLE,............?
Maybe a Oil & Filter Change?
Later
G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -