Which SBC Intake?

Old 12-02-2011, 05:30 AM
TheEngineer
MASTER BUILDER

Default Which SBC Intake?

I'm planning on a new Super-Victor for my SBC 23 degree, 427 stroker race engine (Dart Pro-1, 230s w/ FelPro 1206 ports) and I've narrowed it down to these two "ported" Super-Victor intakes. But, I've never actually looked one of these over. So, I'm looking for some comments, if anyone has used one, or both of the intakes. The Wilson is slightly higher in price, but it could be worth it!

This one is the Wilson ported version.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WSN-128-250/

This one is the Edelbrock partially CNC'ed version.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-2825/
Old 12-02-2011, 06:05 AM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

I have run them wright out of the box and not ported to fully ported on small blocks with the heads flowing 300 on intake runners. I have a nice one port matched to 1206 gaskets and some flange work done, its for sell if interrested. We made 672hp (406) on the dyno with it. The one i have is the 1 in taller.

IMO i think Wilson is a little over priced. They do have some nice stuff though.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:45 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I ran many intakes on my 434sbc within a few weeks, the Dart Wilson kicks ass .. no doubt about it.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:39 PM
TheEngineer
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by hammertime
I ran many intakes on my 434sbc within a few weeks, the Dart Wilson kicks ass .. no doubt about it.
Are the Dart/Wilson intakes still be produced? I haven't see one recently and didn't see it on the Wilson site.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:55 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

I am going back to the PRI show in orlando again sat. and will ask them for you and let you know.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:24 PM
TheEngineer
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by wazup
I am going back to the PRI show in orlando again sat. and will ask them for you and let you know.
Thanks!

Warren
Old 12-03-2011, 03:07 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Warren, i talked to Dave Secunda at the wilson booth and he said that they dont sell any cnc manifolds other than the one summit sells. Dave said that they find the best intake for your app. and that match up with the ports to your cylinder heads, then they hand port to flow with your heads. Dave also said that the reason that they dont cnc the intakes is that they found core sift in many intakes and that most are casted and never the same. He said that they add and remove matrial from the intakes to get each runner to match thats why thay get the proformance they do. The intakes that you see for sell are intakes that are from guys that had wilson do them and then wilson puts thier name on them. I asked Dave what it runs to have a intake done and he said 1600.00 to fully port and flow depending on how much work needs to be done. Dave said to give them a call and they can help you find one that will work. I dont know if i would want to buy someones intake that was ported from wilson unless i bought thier heads as they do everthing to match thier heads. I hope this helps.

They do have some great stuff.

Good luck i hope you find what you need.

Wilson Manifolds 954-771-6216
Old 12-05-2011, 07:32 AM
TheEngineer
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by wazup
Warren, i talked to Dave Secunda at the wilson booth and he said that they dont sell any cnc manifolds other than the one summit sells. Dave said that they find the best intake for your app. and that match up with the ports to your cylinder heads, then they hand port to flow with your heads. Dave also said that the reason that they dont cnc the intakes is that they found core sift in many intakes and that most are casted and never the same. He said that they add and remove matrial from the intakes to get each runner to match thats why thay get the proformance they do. The intakes that you see for sell are intakes that are from guys that had wilson do them and then wilson puts thier name on them. I asked Dave what it runs to have a intake done and he said 1600.00 to fully port and flow depending on how much work needs to be done. Dave said to give them a call and they can help you find one that will work. I dont know if i would want to buy someones intake that was ported from wilson unless i bought thier heads as they do everthing to match thier heads. I hope this helps.

They do have some great stuff.

Good luck i hope you find what you need.

Wilson Manifolds 954-771-6216
/\ Thanks for checking with Wilson for me and all the detailed information!

Warren
Old 12-05-2011, 07:32 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

A talk with Chad Speier would be a good choice with sbc stuff also.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:44 AM
TheEngineer
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by hammertime
A talk with Chad Speier would be a good choice with sbc stuff also.
I checked-out his website and he has some really nice SBC components! Also, he is just North of me and not too far away in Kansas.

Warren

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -