Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FLAKE-Tire kicker-WORD is NO GOOD- user= jjam

FLAKE-Tire kicker-WORD is NO GOOD- user= jjam

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/8331

this guy makes a trade deal with me, after i finally get in touch with him tonight , he says he has a guy coming with cash tomorrow, if he dont show up.. he will let me know tomorrow.. he made a deal with me to trade. He messaged me first with the offer.. I say yes, He p.m's me his address so i can map the drive out, i have been talking to a driver and setting up this weekend to go take him my car..and do the trade.. after 4 days of wasting my time telling me " WE HAVE A DEAL" he tells me this crap tonight.. this is not the way i do business, if you make a deal, then you stick to the deal.. a guy comes along with a better deal.. then he tells me tough crap, after ive been setting this up for the last 4 days.. he tells me it has to be on the wknd.. AM I WRONG , OR WHEN A MAN SAYS HE WANTS TO TRADE, AND WE BOTH AGREE TO TRADE.. THEN THATS WHAT YOU DO, YOU DONT B.S. AND TIRE KICK AND JERK SOMEONE AROUND TILL A BETTER DEAL COMES ALONG.. PEOPLE JUST P**S ME OFF.... KEEP YOUR WORD!!!! ALL IM SAYIN... ANYONE ELSE KNOW HIM , PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT...
    HERE IS A LINK TO HIS ADD:

http://www.racingjunk.com/Chevy-II/2...ro-Street.html

HERE IS SOME OF THE MESSAGE AND REPLY BETWEEN US, ITS ALL I COULD TRACK DOWN AT THIS TIME.. CONVERSATION:

sent me back your pysical address. so i can get the mileage and location.. then ill call him.. thanks

On [2011-11-21 18:08:47] jjam wrote:
    > can you find out what he would charge to come all the way? and the weekend would be better for everyone with the holiday...
    >
    > On [2011-11-21 00:39:23] CarNut70 wrote:
    > > ive had a few offers and still looking, if you want to trade for the nova, let me know, I may be able to get my brother to meet you halfway this week , or wknd. whatever works, I can get him to maybe come to you, if you can pay the expenses he will incur.. i just built a garage last wed, and cant afford it right now.. that would be the fair thing to do if he travels anyways.. would have to be a 100% done deal if he traveld, with no problems.. just a simple trade with neither party backing out if we make a deal.. let me know soon as you get this.. thanks,
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > On [2011-11-17 22:04:31] jjam wrote:
    > > > I'll give you a call 2morrow, 330am gets on me quick
    > > >

If you look back or remember anything I said... I NEVER said "WE HAVE A DEAL" I've been in the military 22 yrs and I'm a man of my word... In all of my emails and phone calls I never agreed on a deal... So I don't know why your all bent out... Yes I did ask what the cost of your brother making the trip all the way... That is not saying lets make a trade, don't you ask someone the price??... You have been trying to get this car ever since I first listed it... anyone can check my record... I've been on here sence 2003 and himself 2011...

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE lively's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PROSTREET1000
    HERE IS SOME OF THE MESSAGE AND REPLY BETWEEN US, ITS ALL I COULD TRACK DOWN AT THIS TIME.. CONVERSATION:

sent me back your pysical address. so i can get the mileage and location.. then ill call him.. thanks

On [2011-11-21 18:08:47] jjam wrote:
    > can you find out what he would charge to come all the way? and the weekend would be better for everyone with the holiday...
    >
    > On [2011-11-21 00:39:23] CarNut70 wrote:
    > > ive had a few offers and still looking, if you want to trade for the nova, let me know, I may be able to get my brother to meet you halfway this week , or wknd. whatever works, I can get him to maybe come to you, if you can pay the expenses he will incur.. i just built a garage last wed, and cant afford it right now.. that would be the fair thing to do if he travels anyways.. would have to be a 100% done deal if he traveld, with no problems.. just a simple trade with neither party backing out if we make a deal.. let me know soon as you get this.. thanks,
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > On [2011-11-17 22:04:31] jjam wrote:
    > > > I'll give you a call 2morrow, 330am gets on me quick

who is CARNUT70 ????

AND JJAM--WE JUST HAD A MAN ON HERE DOING THE DOUBLE TALK LAST WEEK ---YOU SOUND ALOT LIKE HIM----[I NEVER said " WE HAVE A DEAL"]

BUT-YOUR SURE IMPLIED IT IN YOUR WORDING ON THE WEEKEND TIMING FOR EVERYONE BECAUSE OF THE HOLIDAYS !! ops:

SORRY GUY -JUST MY TAKE ON THIS CRAPPY DOUBLE TALK STUFF :roll:
    > > >

Quote Originally Posted by jjam
    If you look back or remember anything I said... I NEVER said "WE HAVE A DEAL" I've been in the military 22 yrs and I'm a man of my word... In all of my emails and phone calls I never agreed on a deal... So I don't know why your all bent out... Yes I did ask what the cost of your brother making the trip all the way... That is not saying lets make a trade, don't you ask someone the price??... You have been trying to get this car ever since I first listed it... anyone can check my record... I've been on here sence 2003 and himself 2011...
    JUST WANTED TO STAMP THIS :?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Tough topic people.

I am not here to take sides on this one. No deposit was made, no written agreement with price, delivery, or deal was closed. This is one mans word against another. But a "scam"... I think that is strong word for verbal agreement that never actually closed.

Lets say you are negotiating a trade/deal... and in the span of a few days, a better offer is introduced by someone else? Should a seller (or buyer) be able to accept that offer if no trade is actually made? no deposit is made? No contract is documented? I say yes. That is freedom.

The issue here is one mans time & effort was allegedly wasted prior to a deal that fell apart. Does that make the other person a scammer?

On the other hand, a mans word should be worth something too... if he commits to something, he should do it. But in this case, no documentation is provided & signed by both parties. I would be upset if I had my heart set on a deal & it fell apart due to another motive, but that risk is always there.
    "I would walk through hell on Sunday before I fear the enemy"

yep--agreed --not really a scammer just :shock: :? :shock: :?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Quote Originally Posted by lively
    yep--agreed --not really a scammer just :shock: :? :shock: :?
    I know that PS1000 is not calling him a "scammer" necessarily; but I just felt like if a guys name winds up in the "scammer forum" it is a harsh place to be when you never had an actual transaction/deal. Again, not trying to take sides, sorry it did not work out. This is an emotional buisness when entering into trades with our primary passion... cars.
    "I would walk through hell on Sunday before I fear the enemy"

Moderator RACING JUNKIE Harbone's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am not taking sides either but I see nothing in those messages that a agreement on a deal was made?????
    Chris

As close to "Normal" as I can get...

Junior Member SHOW GUEST

jerry james

i know jjam personally and he has all ways been straight up front with everybody
    Not a scammer

11. Racing Junk