Funny Car Cage Conversion

Old 11-20-2011, 07:33 PM
dandaman
SHOW GUEST

Default Funny Car Cage Conversion

I'm looking for a Funny Car Cage Conversion to step my mild steel cage up to a 7.50 certification from an 8.50. I would like to find a supplier in the Northwest US or in Western Canada. Shipping costs I have been quoted from Eastern or Southern suppliers nearly double the cost of the kit. I'm working with a very tight budget and need to save wherever I can. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks, Dan
Old 11-21-2011, 07:40 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Here ya go !

http://www.cachassisworks.com/c-113-...e-options.aspx

-----
Old 11-21-2011, 09:26 PM
rob41willys
SENIOR BUILDER

Keep in mind that the funny car cage is not the only thing needed to upgrade to a 7.50 cert.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:07 PM
dandaman
SHOW GUEST

Thanks for your help guys. I have sent my info to Alston for their advise and a quote.
I know there is more to do to get the chassis to certify for 7.50 the underfloor additions and crossmembers would have to be fabricated to fit my car and chassis configuration but the prebent cage portion will be a step in the right direction.
When I'm not racing I do tech inspections at my home track and have been a SFI Certified tech inspector since 1990.