Installed a starting line enhancer engine sputters now

Old 11-06-2011, 08:03 PM
mojomal
APPRENTICE

Default Installed a starting line enhancer engine sputters now

i have installed a Biondo starting line enhancer everything seems to be okay but as soon as u hit the enhancer botton it does what it shoud do however the rpm drops and start to stutter and then when you apply the trans brake it gets worst and when when the t/b is released it goes into a bogged now if it doesn't backfire thruogh the carb it will get its act togther
and takes off. if I the wire from the sfo terminal on the mega box is removed(causing the ehancer not to work ) and leave just on the t/brake it works fine. since i will be heading to bredenton this week i won't hve time to figure it out any i dears? if your headed to bredenton or palmpeach i'd be happy to have some one to look at.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:42 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I bet that Peter Biondo will be there and certainly help you set it up. That is a good family that stands by there products.

Question, when you stage w/o the SLE hooked up, what RPM are you staging at? You may need to adjust the SLE so your rpm is up. I have mine set when the enhancer goes down it is at 1600 rpm. I am on alky. Idles around 1200 rpm.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:30 AM
mojomal
APPRENTICE

without sfo I leave at 4500 with sfo at 1000
Old 11-07-2011, 07:16 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

We've ran into this a few times, usually a few things. 1. make the SLE come on earlier so it has time to clean up 2. adjust the carb, the SLE can casuse a good carb to do this. I've seen it a bunch, usually a bit lean at idle. Its on alky I'd think ?
Old 11-08-2011, 05:38 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mojomal
without sfo I leave at 4500 with sfo at 1000
When the enhancer is off, what RPM are you bumping into the stage light at? Your 2 step rpm shouldn't change with or without the enhancer on the car.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:18 PM
mojomal
APPRENTICE

i'm on my way to Palm Beach a fellow racer offered to take a look at it he thinks is just a minor adjustment. I'll give you the heads up when I get back.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:15 PM
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by mojomal
i'm on my way to Palm Beach a fellow racer offered to take a look at it he thinks is just a minor adjustment. I'll give you the heads up when I get back.
I guess he never did make it back from Palm Beach :shock: