Trader ethics

Old 10-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Trader ethics

I have a question about trader ethics. I'm not coming on here and flaming someone for not trading with me, I'm just unhappy about the way it happened. A member on here had a car for sale or trade. I don't have my car for sale but when I noticed his I liked it and hit him up. We exchanged pics and some info and talked on the phone a couple times (when he answered). He emailed me frequently and pretty much set the deal up, then he started asking for pictures of the underneath and firewall which I had already told him were rust free and stock but I jacked it up and took pics anyway. This was after he had asked me to bring it to him this Sat. and said he would pay me $150. to make the trip so I thought we had a done deal. Then he emails me last night and says someone called and was interested in buying his car so if I would trade him my car complete for his that has to have the engine put together then installed with cash his way we could trade, this was after we had agreed on trading rollers and I had my car jacked up ready to pull the engine and trans. I'm so glad I checked my email before I started taking it apart. Not tying to run the guy through the mud but when I think we have a deal and I go out to do my part and you back out in an email I'm kinda upset. Shouda known not to deal with someone who has been a member for several years and admitted he trades often but has not 1 honor payment he shoudn't be trusted. Tell me if I'm right or wrong.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:14 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I think you are Dead on :!: :!: I would be upset if i were in your shoes :!: Maybe it is a good thing you didn't trade with him :!: Think about it :!: :!:

Mark
Old 10-27-2011, 07:29 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

we went though it with a guy from ohio earlier this year...was gonna trade an 24' enclosed and some cash for his vega.. just like he wanted... had everything ready to go and the day we were suppose to leave .... no call or texts returned and didnt get him to answer till 2 days later ....... :evil: :x
Old 10-28-2011, 03:37 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I went thru something similiar to this 6to7 yrs ago..we had a deal to trade roller for roller (with Cash Boot) and I ended up taking out the motor and tranny just to have this guy NOT answer his phone and all the other CHIT that comes along with it...George Cameron was his name..."Heavy Chevy" lives up in Woodbridge Virgina....be careful dealing with this dude he got me good.

AHHH George You think I had forgotten about this after all this time????...NO WAY Big Guy..I have forgave you but I will never forget laying in the rain soaked driveway 20 degree's at 1:00am in the morning taking out my motor just so I could leave out at 4:00am to drive to your place from S.C. to Va in a snow strom on your end.

I will never forgot you or that situation George I know they call you Big George beacuse you are 6ft 6 300lbs +...but I will guarantee you if I could have gotten to you back when that happened you would have had all you could handle out of this 6ft 1 230lb SC. Boy

I am over that part Now just for the record.

I Just like to get this Out every few years when I get the chance..Its worthy of a mention

so I understand How you feel Gimmethakick

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-28-2011, 04:24 AM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

I'm just glad I checked my email before I tore into it. Its no big deal because the more I was looking my car over the more I like it but a man is only as good as his word so I figured I would trade anyway since I approached him about it. When someone doesn't answer the phone when they are supposed to or has been a member for 6 years and has not made not one honor payment, you shouldn't bother with them in the first place. From now on no honor payment, no business with me.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:37 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
I went thru something similiar to this 6to7 yrs ago..we had a deal to trade roller for roller (with Cash Boot) and I ended up taking out the motor and tranny just to have this guy NOT answer his phone and all the other CHIT that comes along with it...George Cameron was his name..."Heavy Chevy" lives up in Woodbridge Virgina....be careful dealing with this dude he got me good.

AHHH George You think I had forgotten about this after all this time????...NO WAY Big Guy..I have forgave you but I will never forget laying in the rain soaked driveway 20 degree's at 1:00am in the morning taking out my motor just so I could leave out at 4:00am to drive to your place from S.C. to Va in a snow strom on your end.

I will never forgot you or that situation George I know they call you Big George beacuse you are 6ft 6 300lbs +...but I will guarantee you if I could have gotten to you back when that happened you would have had all you could handle out of this 6ft 1 230lb SC. Boy

I am over that part Now just for the record.

I Just like to get this Out every few years when I get the chance..Its worthy of a mention

so I understand How you feel Gimmethakick
I would have at least called you and told you APRIL FOOLS! :lol:

just kidding, that would suck. I hope your over it so you don't get to mad at me.

I guess I've been real lucky. I've sold a motor to a guy from PA. I pulled it out of my truck on Sunday and my Dad met the guy in WV on Monday. He was happy with what he saw and paid in 100 bills. (He should have been he got a hell of a deal on the motor).