Buyer Beware MSTOUT

Old 10-22-2011, 04:12 PM
will547
APPRENTICE

Default Buyer Beware MSTOUT

Bought a car from Mike Stout based on his photos and description of the car. Ad Number 2308038. Ad says runs and drives great drive anywhere. Shipper delivered the car and said it had a radiator leak and was out of water. Mike told the truck driver he needed to put water in the car when he delivered it. Really I have never heard of it being the shippers responsibility to do anything but deliver the car. How does the car run and drive great drive anywhere as stated in the ad with no water in the radiator. Car barely ran and was missing like it was running on three cylinders when teh car was delivered. After repairing the radiator. Changing the carb, replacing the Leaking valve cover gaskets, New plugs, New wires, Distributer that had a bad pickup coil. Neither of the interior door handles would open the door have to open both from outside, The hood latch was missing, The temperature gauge was hooked up backwards, Both drivers side door hinges where bad and door drops down two inches when the door is opened, Front bumper only has one bolt in it and if you push down on the bumper it will hit the ground and does not turn over half the time with the key on the column. These are just the high points on a car that I paid 12K for that may be worth $7500. So as you can see the ad is no where close to being the truth on what the guy is selling. Called to let him know what I thought about the car. I was nice and calm about it. He just told me to get screwed and too bad I should have come up and looked at the car. That is really what I expected. Most folks when they know they screwed you and you call them out the get defensive because they know they LIED. Anyway just thought I would share this with who ever may want to hear it. [/b][/color][/u]
Old 10-22-2011, 07:02 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default got it

Thanks for the heads up, he has other ads on racingjunk, good info to pass along to potential buyers.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:41 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default MSTOUT

Mike was just Here LOOKING around @ 11:30 am Sunday 10-23-11
Guess He didnt see ANYTHING He LIKED?
O'Well I sent Him a PM,and asked him to Respond?
Later
G :?
Old 10-23-2011, 01:25 PM
sirswapsalot
JUNIOR BUILDER

That guy screwed me on a orange nova....said it was super clean inside and out......
when we traded it was sleeting and snowing real bad, i was 5 hours away and didnt want to get stuck up there so made the trad quick.....
the paint looked great so i hurried and took his word (my dumb A$$ fault)

i got the car home and it was so bad underneath it didnt have a rear frame at all, it was all homemade with channel, real shitty job, the springs were welded to the floors,

thats what i get for taking someones word, i called him and said we will never do buisness again and he said no prob there is other suckers out ther...
hell get his one day
Old 10-23-2011, 03:14 PM
will547
APPRENTICE

Default Sounds about right

Mike said he never screwed anyone and had been doing business for 30 Years. What I believe he meant to say was he has been screwing folks for 30 years. I like to believe I can take folks for their word but that is just not the case with some these days. What I have learned if you are buying from someone who makes their living from buying and selling on here then they are more than like Lieing about what they are selling.

I also see a lot of feedback from other RJ members that seem to think because you have made an honor payment that makes you OK to deal with. I see Mike has made a couple of payments.

I have bought from a lot of RJ members and they are not all worthless.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:39 PM
gmanxss
SENIOR BUILDER

YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT GUYS THAT BUY AND SELL ON HERE. I DO IT ALL THE TIME AND DO NOT HAVE TO TELL A LIE TO DO BUSINESS. THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD, HONEST PEOPLE ON HERE. IF PEOPLE WOULD USE ALL THE RESORCES TO CHECK PEOPLE OUT AHEAD OF TIME SCAMMERS WOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS.I HAVE NEVER BEEN SCAMED BECAUSE I DO NOT ALLOW MY SELF TO BE, SO DON'T CALL ALL THE TRADERS ON HERE LIARS.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:18 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by gmanxss
YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT GUYS THAT BUY AND SELL ON HERE. I DO IT ALL THE TIME AND DO NOT HAVE TO TELL A LIE TO DO BUSINESS. THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD, HONEST PEOPLE ON HERE. IF PEOPLE WOULD USE ALL THE RESORCES TO CHECK PEOPLE OUT AHEAD OF TIME SCAMMERS WOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS.I HAVE NEVER BEEN SCAMED BECAUSE I DO NOT ALLOW MY SELF TO BE, SO DON'T CALL ALL THE TRADERS ON HERE LIARS.
well said but i dont think thats what they were saying..

i love when someone asks about if anyone has done business with a particular seller in here and then all of a sudden there is few responses from people who just happen to sign up and post that they have done business with said person and they are good people.....lmao i think the scammers are getting smarter..... :lol:
Old 10-23-2011, 05:48 PM
sirswapsalot
JUNIOR BUILDER

Just because someone buys and sells (or trades) alot on here does not mean they are not telling the truth, as u can tell by my profile name
(sirswapsalot) i like to trade, i have traded with over 20 guys on here
and have been honest with all of them, never had a bad rapp about me, some of us do it as a hobby others a way to make a buck.
Its just a shame some guys (mstout and others) ruin it for us honest guys,

we are just going to have to do are homework and look a little closer at the next deal...lol

i got burnt by mstout and called him out on it, thats it, i wrote his name (profile name) down and just wont do buisness with him again, just add him to the list.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:53 PM
sirswapsalot
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Re: got it

Originally Posted by bixblk
Thanks for the heads up, he has other ads on racingjunk, good info to pass along to potential buyers.
that orange nova that he has on his profile pic is the one he got me on...looks good hugh, i dont know if he got it back but stay away from it, like i said they welded the springs to the floor, there is a homade rear frame out of chanel, junk
Old 10-23-2011, 06:17 PM
will547
APPRENTICE

Default Never said all the RJ folks where Liars

Never said all the RJ folks where Liars

But you can trust me I have dealt with enough to know there are a lot of Sorry SOB's on here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -