Thread: tranny leak

Junior Member APPRENTICE

tranny leak

My th350 is leaking tranny fluid from a hole infront of the lines for the tranny cooler. the holeis on the passenger side and is untapped and ive haad the tranny running before i just put a trans pak from b&m in it. i'm thinking of plugging the hole but not sure if its anything important. wondering if anyone has any ideas

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    Are you talking about the hole for the vent?

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    It could be i was going to just go ahead and plug and see what happens i started the motors to try to draw some of the fluid threw the tranny to see if i can add fluid now going to try later today hopefully works

If it is the vent DO NOT PLUG

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    the only vent i recall on the th350 was up on top behind the bell about half way back :wink: you sure its not the oring on the dip stick tube or the tranny kick down cable? does it leak when it sits or just when its running?
    GOOD PARTS AREN'T CHEAP AND CHEAP PARTS ARE NEVER GOOD.........
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...lastscan-3.jpg

You are correct I was thinking powerglide. The vent for a 350 is on the drivers side at the base of the bell housing. Is there a kick down cable on this transmission, that would be located just below the fittings for the cooler lines?

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    yea it only leaks when i was just plain adding fluid i started it for 30 seconds to suck fluid threw the internals so im going to try again to fill it tomorow